PDA

View Full Version : Under Armour Shirts?

echeandia
05-29-2007, 06:23 PM
It is starting to get hot here and I am thinking about wearing an Under Armour shirt to stay cool. Have any of you used UA?

Lawnboy85
05-29-2007, 06:33 PM
It is starting to get hot here and I am thinking about wearing an Under Armour shirt to stay cool. Have any of you used UA?

I would answer your question with my own question. Does under armor look professional?

I'm not sure what your situation is, how old you are, etc. but to be professional you must present yourself in a professional manner. I'm located in Texas and the humidity today was unbelievable, which only added on to the actual temperature. And besides all of that, I know I wouldn't look too good in skin-tight under armor so I, personally, would stay away from it for both reasons mentioned above. You can find various types of t-shirts that just have that "certain" type of material that you can wear during the summer and not get as hot. Stick with the obvious (light colors) and you should be fine.

You do what you want. I'm sure you'll use good judgment. Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

Bill S
05-29-2007, 06:40 PM
go shirtless, the housewives love it! Unless you have a beer belly, than wear a 2xL shirt...

Just kidding...

I am not too high on the importance of a uniform, I believe your final product will speak volumes and be the number one determining factor as to whether or not you will continue in this biz. I know there will be dozens of my fellow owners come crawling out from under their respective rocks with the above sentence but most (MOST) people don't care about uniforms. They want a good job, they want good value (not a cheap job!).

Supper Grassy
05-29-2007, 08:24 PM
UA would be good, are you going to wear that as your only layer or as a under shirt to a tee shirt to keep you from gettting to hot?

IA_James
05-29-2007, 08:26 PM
I use one as an underlayer, I like it.

deere615
05-29-2007, 08:56 PM
I have both hot and cold under armour. The cold gear works great! I am not a big fan of the hot gear but if you get it get a light color. UA also makes a loose gear which would probably be a better choice and Im sure you could special order to get your name put one it. this way you still look professional

LawnScapers of Dayton
05-29-2007, 09:23 PM
I wear the underwear....... not the shirts......it makes a huge difference in all day comfort....if you know what I mean

mr mow
05-29-2007, 09:59 PM
Champion-Cool/dri its what a lot of companys use(cool/dry) fits great not to tight and not to loose and stays really cool. Its a fine mesh (cant see threw)

mr mow
05-29-2007, 10:00 PM
companys as in sport shirt (ua) use

bohiaa
05-29-2007, 10:21 PM

WHAT......WHAT..... WHATTTTTT

Virgina,,, hot.....O PLEASE, shoot me now........

I would love to pay your air fair to come work with me next month...

I would envite you to come in 2 months but it would kill you. and I really dont need that.....

HOT..... OMG you guys dont know what hot is....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ....

APV's Mowing
06-06-2007, 02:05 AM
you can get UA loose cool gear or w/e and you just gave me the best idea ever im gunna go get soem tom...but there are the like cotton shirt things that are UA but feel and look like a cotton shirt i dn

APV's Mowing
06-06-2007, 02:06 AM
o ya one quick little comment...what would be sweet is if www.customink.com were i got my company shirts from had some UA stuff that you can customize that would be sweet

McVey Landscaping
06-06-2007, 04:05 AM
I wear them under my bullet proof vest. Helps keep you a little cooler by pulling moisture away. They can get kind of expensive for the shirts. You also have to consider how professional you'll look. Most lawn guys around here have small beer bellies would'nt look good. When I mow, I usually wear one under my co. shirt. Hope this helps.

Cop by night, Mower/Landscaper by day!:usflag: :weightlifter:

drelgan
06-06-2007, 06:29 AM
I bought 2 of the loose fitting last week to try. I have had cancer and my doctor wants me to keep my arms covered as much as possible. So I went with the long sleeve--LOVE them! I will be buying some more this week. And yes they are pricey. I'm going to have my local imprinter to put my company name and logo on them--they will look professional.

WJW Lawn
06-06-2007, 07:00 AM
Do they really keep you dry?? Ive never even tried one before

IA_James
06-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Most lawn guys around here have small beer bellies would'nt look good.

That's why mine's an underlayer.:drinkup:

mc24034
06-06-2007, 06:45 PM
I wear the light blue hot gear long sleeved. Whether is 60 or 90 degrees all day. Love them also. No matter what its hot out but it seems to be better than any shirt ive ever worn.

SoloSulkySurfer
06-06-2007, 11:01 PM
I wear them under my bullet proof vest.

Boy you must cut the lawns in the bad side of town to need a bulletproof vest. lol Actually I have the same plan of working in law enforcement and lawn service work on the side.

timmac
06-07-2007, 12:36 AM
I wear the loose fit UA at times. most of the time it is a sleeveless shirt and jeans.

APV's Mowing
06-07-2007, 01:00 AM
ya man i just wore mine today cause i forgot it had it and ya its ****** tight man it keeps you pretty comfy in the hot

KTO Enterprises
06-07-2007, 08:59 AM
WHAT......WHAT..... WHATTTTTT

Virgina,,, hot.....O PLEASE, shoot me now........

I would love to pay your air fair to come work with me next month...

I would envite you to come in 2 months but it would kill you. and I really dont need that.....

HOT..... OMG you guys dont know what hot is....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ....

lol. Too funny. It is Hot here already this year. I cant remember a year that you sweat at 9:00 am.

kpyoung
06-07-2007, 10:31 AM
I wear an U/A type shirt as a base layer and then wear a long-sleeve cotton company shirt over it.

You probably already know this.... U/A is nothing more than expensive polyester, look at the the label. You can buy 100% polyester t-shirts at retail stores for 1/4 the cost of U/A.