PDA

View Full Version : Parked across the street and got what F#$% were you thinking

Watson's Landscaping
05-29-2007, 08:41 PM
Todays a first had to cut late today because i took yesterday off and parked across the street from the house I was cutting (I have parked there all year) and the guy comes home that owns the house across the street and said to me what the F#$% are you thinking parking on my lawn (in his ditch). So my ? is were should I park its a 2 lane main street with no shoulder and I really dont want to park in my clients drive way. and by the way the guy wants me to come back and fix his yard were he thinks my truck left to marks from the tires.

KTO Enterprises
05-29-2007, 08:54 PM
Tell him his property stops at the center of the ditch.
Everything from the center of the ditch to the road is right of way.

lawnspecialties
05-29-2007, 09:23 PM
....and be sure to tell us how this one turns out.:)

DLCS
05-29-2007, 09:26 PM
I don't blame him. He can't do anything about it cause like someone else mentioned he don't own it. But, if you parked in my ditch and damaged the turf, i would be pissed too. Remember he is the one who maintains it and has to mow even if you leave ruts, etc. Also, it reflects on his property. In a situation like that I would park in the customers driveway.

lawnman_scott
05-29-2007, 10:06 PM
You wont park in the driveway of someone who pays you, but will park in the neighbors yard that isnt a customer?

SSS 18734
05-29-2007, 10:34 PM
If one isn't too far away, I would park on a side street, and just drive the mowers through a few other properties to get the house (make sure you do it next to the curb, though). If you don't feel comfortable doing that, ask permission to do so - I'd be surprised if many people cared. Better yet, you could come by during a low-traffic time of the day and drive the mowers through the street when no cars are coming.

If that doesn't work out, just park in the driveway. Sure its a pain to have to back out, but it sure isn't nice to park in someone else's yard.

BQLC
05-30-2007, 10:32 AM
your best bet would be to park in the customers driveway. As far as the other guy he does not own it but I would fix it for him anyway

Watson's Landscaping
05-30-2007, 07:26 PM
Hey guys thanks for the replys I'll let you know how it turns out.

GreenN'Clean
05-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Id just park in customers driveway

Frontier-Lawn
05-30-2007, 09:55 PM
Todays a first had to cut late today because i took yesterday off and parked across the street from the house I was cutting (I have parked there all year) and the guy comes home that owns the house across the street and said to me what the F#$% are you thinking parking on my lawn (in his ditch). So my ? is were should I park its a 2 lane main street with no shoulder and I really dont want to park in my clients drive way. and by the way the guy wants me to come back and fix his yard were he thinks my truck left to marks from the tires.

i had one guy like that last year come out and yell at a county sheriff for parking like that, needles to say after 10 min of them auguring the guy was cuffed and stuffed :laugh: must have been what the guy said when he came out. I alt to kiss your ass for parking on my privet property with out permission now get off it or ill call your captain. :confused:

sildoc
05-30-2007, 10:33 PM
Yeah we get looks and comments all the time for parking on the sidewalks. All I can say is try to back this truck and trailer out in traffic. NO way. Park where you can legally. My neighbor tried to tell me I couldn't park my work truck in front of my house, HMMM public streets, I pay taxes, send him packing.

Sammy
05-31-2007, 12:44 AM
.......... All I can say is try to back this truck and trailer out in traffic. NO way. Park where you can legally. ..........

Back in the drive.

sildoc
05-31-2007, 09:49 PM
Back in the drive.

My truck is 24 ft long and trailer is 17 ft. that is 41 ft. most drives in my area are 30 ft plus 5 ft side walk that means I can be touching the garage doore and still stick out in street 6 ft. that also means if a customer needs in to their drive or out I have to stop and move. No way.

KTO Enterprises
05-31-2007, 10:37 PM
My truck is 24 ft long and trailer is 17 ft. that is 41 ft. most drives in my area are 30 ft plus 5 ft side walk that means I can be touching the garage doore and still stick out in street 6 ft. that also means if a customer needs in to their drive or out I have to stop and move. No way.

Im in your boat. crew cab f 350 with a 16 ft trailer, that means with tongue around 20.

So 20 feet of truck, 20 feet of trailer, and with the gate down thats and additional 4 feet, so 44 feet total length. I literally stretch from driveway to driveway in some neighborhoods.

Rons Rightway Lawncare
05-31-2007, 11:12 PM
get a pair of orange cones and park in the street, leaving just enough room for cars to get by one way, put one cone 10 feet in front of the truck, the other 10 feet behind it and go to work. Let the traffic driving by deal with the problem.....