PDA

View Full Version : Billy Goat Equipment

BLKSS
05-30-2007, 10:21 AM
Is anyone using the 33" finish mower? just wondering if this is good equipment

MeadowsLawnCare
05-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Dont know much about them, I know they are gear drive which is kind of a step up from belt but still lower than hydro. They come with a briggs engine too. I spoke with the salesman about one and he had only good things to say about it. IMO though for the extra $300 you can get the super fox which is basically the same setup, same engine, except its hydro and you gain 3 deck inches.

bohiaa
05-30-2007, 04:58 PM
Dont know much about them, I know they are gear drive which is kind of a step up from belt but still lower than hydro. They come with a briggs engine too. I spoke with the salesman about one and he had only good things to say about it. IMO though for the extra $300 you can get the super fox which is basically the same setup, same engine, except its hydro and you gain 3 deck inches.

Never herd of them......

Dont know why a Briggs engine would be a good thing, But I dont doubt that a sales man had good things to say about a product he was selling

MeadowsLawnCare
05-31-2007, 12:26 AM
lol wasn't saying briggs was a good thing, was just stating it. He primarily deals in toro which is what i went there to look at, so i think he was honest in what he thought about it. If you can afford it get a quick 36

thesargent
05-31-2007, 03:15 AM
watch the video on thier website, it looks awful light in the front end, and it doesnt look that durable to me. i saw one at a dealer once and wasnt to impressed to be honest with you. if your after cheap just get a Quick36, nuff said.

bohiaa
05-31-2007, 10:25 AM
watch the video on thier website, it looks awful light in the front end, and it doesnt look that durable to me. i saw one at a dealer once and wasnt to impressed to be honest with you. if your after cheap just get a Quick36, nuff said.

What he said.........

lifetree
06-10-2007, 09:20 PM
The Billy Goat 33" finish mower is a heavy duty machine ... it will last a long time, very rugged and well built. I had one and it provides a good cut. Yes, it's a Briggs engine but don't let that stop you from getting it. The Billy Goat 33" is an entry level commercial mower ... yes, there are better machines out there, however, those are higher end machines.