PDA

View Full Version : CUBE VAN FOR CUTTIng

smarino21
05-30-2007, 10:19 AM
I Was looking at getting a 16' box on a f350 or something does anyone have one or have any opinion on these?

LindblomRJ
05-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Those that have them seem to really like them. Personally I think it would be a wise investment. You could get by with a trailer quite a bit of the time.

fknippenberg
05-30-2007, 04:33 PM
I too like the idea of using one my only issue I haven't gotten past yet is that a cube van/box truck is useless for a majority of the year. A 1ton dump or pickup can have multiple uses when its not mowing season.

LindblomRJ
05-30-2007, 06:25 PM
True... In the off season offer moving services :)

cantoo
05-30-2007, 09:09 PM
We use a cube van for our daily mowing. My wife does the work I just fix stuff and work another job full time. The cube van carries a Walker 48" GHS, a Bobcat 61" midmount, 21" mower and the support gear. I built the ramps for the rear and built a beavertail inside the box. It is only used and insured for 6 months of the year. For the first couple of weeks in the spring and the whole leaf season we use our Chev 1 ton with dumpbox and different trailer combinations. The cube van works great and it's nice to have everything inside during the day and at the end of the day. If it rains she can just close the doors, run errands or wait it out inside changing blades or whatever. Equipment stays dry and free from curious eyes. Of course we have to deal with people wanting us to haul furniture but it only takes a few minutes to empty out what's in the way and we are in the furniture hauling business. Ours is a 1991 that I paid under $2500 for about 5 years ago. It costs under $1000 in maintence and safety checks most years.

proenterprises
06-02-2007, 11:20 AM
i have an F350 with a 12' box and a hydraulic tommy lift gate. I love it, it is so much nicer than having to pull a trailer around all the time. Everything is secure, dry and safe 100% of the time, no matter where I am. Mine fits 2 48" walkbehinds and all other equip, with room to spare. PM me if you would like more info.