PDA

View Full Version : Quick 44/36 owners, try this!

brucec
05-30-2007, 01:04 PM
I've had my mower for over a week now and really love it. However I have the begining stages of carpel tunnel (years at a factory job) and I found that the SLIGHT vibrations I get through the handle bars caused me to have problems. Today I went to wal-mart and got a great pair of padded bicycle grips for less than $6, removed the factory grips, used a little fluid film and slipped them on. WOW what a difference! I have better contol/less fatigue with them. To take it a step further I went to Lowes and got some rubber gromets and slipped them in between the handle bars and the frame and re-installed the bolts. I don't know if anyone has tried this but it is a night and day difference, I feel like a genius. They should use these grips from the factory, just make sure I get some credit, LOL. If you try it post what you think.

thesargent
05-30-2007, 01:54 PM
I feel like a genius. thats a funny line right there, for some reason that just made me laugh. sound like you came up with a good idea.

Matts lawn care
05-30-2007, 01:54 PM
Next time im at walmart and home depot i will try it out.

GFTC
05-30-2007, 10:07 PM
I changed the grips on mine as well. I think Im gonna try the grommets though. I might try them on the engine mounts too.

Rax
05-30-2007, 10:25 PM
Are you using the KAI Samurai engine?
I get minimal vibration from mine.

Frontier-Lawn
05-30-2007, 10:47 PM
i saw one quick 36 today at bk with a ECS Conversion Kit
from ex-mark adapted on it. :confused:

thesargent
05-31-2007, 02:53 AM
who had the Quick with the ecs on it? thats something id like to see. any chance you can get a picture?

Frontier-Lawn
05-31-2007, 10:39 AM
if i see it again ill try