PDA

View Full Version : How much to charge?

Schlepie
08-17-2001, 06:48 PM
Now that we are narrowed down to the clock motor on the Rain Bird timer, how much do you normally charge to replace and does it take long? The cost for me on motor is $34.80.
Thanks

Schlepie
08-18-2001, 11:27 PM
Ya gotta be kidding! Disappointed but thanks for the 12 or so that at least looked at the post. Can see why no one spends much time on the irrigation site!!!!:rolleyes:

Harris
08-19-2001, 12:24 PM
RainBird blows. Just trashed the controller and buy a Irritrol RD-900. I can get a RD-900 for about $120 here in columbus. Trash the rain bird! If you can buy Rain Bird at Lowes then you know it sucks!

John DiMartino
08-19-2001, 12:29 PM
Your on a free site,on the weekend,and you complain?I'd be suprised if you get any type of response after your post.BTW this is lawnsite,not irrigation site,most guys here dont even do irrigaiton.

Lanelle
08-19-2001, 12:41 PM
OK Irrigation guys, how many of you tell other irrigation people about this forum? Have you mentioned it to any of your trade magazines? The more people who look, the more information gets generated. When I joined Lawnsite there were 1/10th the members that are now signed up. Many of us actively recruited new members.

Harris
08-19-2001, 01:04 PM
what in the heck are you talking about John? I was simply stating that Rain Bird is not even worth the hassle to repair becasue its just going to break again. And if you havent noticed, I posted the reply in the IRRIGATION section of the forum. Which means you talk about Irriagtion. If you dont want to hear about Irrigation matters then goto a different section of the forum so that way you would have to read about Irrigation matters! What does "the site's free" even have to do with anything at all? Your a really annoying person you know?

Mike Paulsen
08-19-2001, 05:27 PM
John is talking about Schlepie not you Harris , settle down.With 7 post I don't see how you can say he is annoying. As far as the cost on the timer , full retail on the parts plus labor . Only you know your hourly rate . It should be high than mowing or mulching because you should have more knowledge . Unless the home owner really like this timer ( older people really don't like change) I think I would look into a new timer.

HBFOXJr
08-20-2001, 10:02 AM
The RAin Bird RC series timers are not junk and are worth repairing IF the customer likes it and it meets their irrigation needs. Rain Bird also makes excellent valves and spray heads. Their spray nozzles are the best.

The RC electro-mechanical controllers have been around longer than some of you have been alive and have proven their durablity and ease of use.

Rain BIrd manufactures a consumer line that is sold through retailers. Many people are disappointed in some of those products, not realizing that they are not the same professional grade sold in supply houses.

I had significant problems with the R-50 in the early 90's and the T-Bird around '93/'94 so I switch to Hunter rotors. I'm almost exclusively Hunter now except for spray nozzles which are still RainBird.

Favorite products are Pro-C and ICC controllers, Pro and Institutional sprays, I20, I25, I40 rotors. The remotes for the controllers are super nice for service.

Schlepie
08-20-2001, 10:16 PM
Sorry guys, for trying to get responses in a short amount of time. You answered the questions the best you could and I was just trying to get an idea of what to charge. :blush:

Harris
08-22-2001, 10:49 AM
well i have to apologise for flippin out. Rain Bird still sucks, everything they make sucks. I've had nothing but problems with that crap! the IBOC controller is by far the best and Rain Bird cannot compare with that. Rain Bird is cheap b/c its trash. None of the irrigation supply companies in columbus even carry their crap b/c nobody wants it. Out of the probably 5 different supply stores one carries it but they have to order the crap. Its junk, stay away from it.

dan deutekom
08-22-2001, 07:33 PM
Harris

Are you saying Rain Bird isn't any good?:p

Keith
08-22-2001, 08:53 PM
Rainbird, like most others make several lines of equipment. I have been pleased with the ESP boxes. Nelson on the other hand, for us have been problematic.

Turfcouncil
08-26-2001, 02:06 AM
commercial rainbird products get my vote.
Just don't buy them from home-cheapo.

Louis
08-26-2001, 07:07 PM
After all of these posts I think one thing was missed.In my area I would charge list price on the part and $55 an hour to replace with a one hour minimum.Hope this helps!!