PDA

View Full Version : going on 2 months now

BLKSS
05-30-2007, 05:28 PM
and i have 3 accounts, but my problem is i get many calls but there 1 time mo and go deals. how do i establish my new customers to start an account with me. so far i have not gotten any refferls from them but it might be too soon to say. What should i do.

privatelawn
05-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Use door hangers or direct mail, Try to target monthly accounts with it...
what I mean is use The word Monthly or Yearly on the ads, figure on about 1% so 100 door hangers = 1 customer, 1000 = 10

lurch
05-30-2007, 07:00 PM
in order to entice my current clients to refer i offered them one free mow after the referral had been with us for 3 months

bullethead
05-30-2007, 07:16 PM
1) Do any work you get - since you are not booked yet
2) Pound the pavement (advertise) - put out as many door hangers as possible, then put out some more, then some more....
3) Make sure you have signage on your vehicle and trailer

Make it happen!

bohiaa
05-30-2007, 07:38 PM
1) Do any work you get - since you are not booked yet
2) Pound the pavement (advertise) - put out as many door hangers as possible, then put out some more, then some more....
3) Make sure you have signage on your vehicle and trailer

Make it happen!

GREAT advice.......

that's kind of the way it is at the start,,,,, REMEMBER PEOPLE ARE WATCHING YOU......

also customers may have been burned in the past so there wanting a try b4 they buy type of thing,,,,, Just keep on doing what your doing,,, they will come.....

GreenT
05-30-2007, 09:12 PM
Take the one time jobs, price them appropiately, and wow them with the quality of your work. Show them what they can get when they hire a true professional.

Make sure your blades are sharp, use the stick edger on all hard edges and beds, do a neat trim job, believe me they will notice and wish it would always look that way.

Take your time since you are not that busy right now and remember it is like a performance, you have to give them the show. Like someone sai, they might want to see your work before signing long term.

Don't turn down any opportunity to do someones yard, you'll be mazed how many times people will see you working and ask you to do theirs because their LCO... pick one: retired/quit/moved/went to heaven/hit the lotto, etc.etc.

Good luck to you

Grass Kickin
05-30-2007, 09:22 PM
Man, I hope I can hit the Lotto!
But until, take any job you can. It is money and that is ulitmately what you are after.

BLKSS
05-31-2007, 01:36 AM
great advise, thanks to all. anyone have a sample copy of what they get their clients to sign?