PDA

View Full Version : Tall fescue control - NEED HELP

americanlawn
05-30-2007, 08:19 PM
We used "Corsair" last August thru early September (the recommended best time to apply). We used the highest recommended amount plus a spreader/sticker at the recommended rate as well. We applied it VERY thoroughly with a fine mist on each clump. I realize that it works very slowly, but none of the tall fescue has died on all lawns properly treated as of now. WHY??? Please help. Thanks.

Taco Tim
05-30-2007, 09:13 PM
I put down 25000 sq. ft. of bermuda sod last summer, and this year, I had a ton of tall fescue weed coming up. I put 1 application of revolver down about 5 weeks ago, and it really kicked in. I was going to put 1 more application down, but we've been getting rain, and when it wasn't raining, the wind was blowing 10-15 mph. Not sure what kind of lawn you're dealing with, but I was pleased with revolver, but I know it's mainly for bermuda and zoysia.

NattyLawn
05-30-2007, 09:26 PM
One PITA customer has a few clumps of tall fescue that she wants removed. I called our local Lesco about Corsair and he told me to pull it out instead. Thanks Lesco!

indyturf
05-30-2007, 10:44 PM
If you pull it out it will most likely just come back! spot spray it with Round Up and reseed it if its just a few clumps!

Shades of Green LService
05-31-2007, 12:47 AM
A sponge and glyphosate ( concentrate). Start just above grass level and not to the point of drip. This will work if you only have a few clumps.

Grandview
05-31-2007, 07:05 AM
Certainty is suppose to control tall fescue. I tried it on a few lawns last week. I am not sure of the results. The Monsanto rep told me to give it 2-3 weeks.

Nathan Robinson
05-31-2007, 04:04 PM
corsair is good but expensive. If its a warm season grass just use round up when it is dormant

americanlawn
05-31-2007, 10:23 PM
I like Nathan's reponse, cuz I know Roundup,etc will kill it. We hit it hard with Corsair last August, but no kill at all. Seems Corsair did nothing for our customers - even though we used the heavy rate with LESCO's spreader/sticker.????