PDA

View Full Version : Surfactant

dave k
05-30-2007, 07:28 PM
Does anyone have a favorite Surfactant, I have several large and small LDS in my Emerald Zoysia, I use a in ground sprinkler system and aerate also, I also just aerated and sanded my yard. I am looking at a co. called www.tricure.com and a product of theirs called Tricure AD.
Any help is appreciated, I have a Lesco in my area and also Helena Chemical Co. as well.

Neal Wolbert
05-31-2007, 01:45 AM
TriCure is hard to beat. We apply it twice each year to maximze water penetration. I can recommend it to you.
Neal

dave k
05-31-2007, 07:07 AM
Thanks Neal! I'll give it a try, BTW, which do you recommend, the liquid or dry? and how much does it cost?

upidstay
05-31-2007, 02:11 PM
RU looking for a surfactant for herbicide use, or a wetting agent? Lesco's Spreader/sticker is both. They also have 2 wetting agents which are very good. For small spray jobs, a little plain old Ivory soap works great when mixed with an herbicide.

teeca
05-31-2007, 04:18 PM
try pent-a-bark. i've been using it for the past 2 years and sware by it. their in the prosses of chaging the lable for basil application to trees, for EAB (emerals ash borer) to use with merit. from what i've heard on the testing, they are having great resualts.

americanlawn
05-31-2007, 09:32 PM
dave k -- Uap's LI700 is a hot item -- it is a spreader/sticker + acidifier/penetrant It "cleans house" over all the rest for hard-to-kill weeds.
It smells bad, but.....

teeca
05-31-2007, 10:05 PM
LI700 is good, used it before i found pent-a-bark

Neal Wolbert
06-01-2007, 12:43 PM
Thanks Neal! I'll give it a try, BTW, which do you recommend, the liquid or dry? and how much does it cost?

Hi Dave,
Sorry I didn't answer sooner. We use the liquid, TriCure AD, and buy it from Wilbur-Ellis Co. I think we pay about $.55 oz. and we use 4 oz. ptsf. We have very dry summers and lots of hydrophobic problems and TriCure works well.

Neal