PDA

View Full Version : spark plug blew out

turfman15
05-30-2007, 08:02 PM
I have a 95 f250 with a 460 in it. while driving one of the spark plugs blew out of it. it is the passenger side rear plug. i can't see what is left in the head. the porcelain part and the part with hex head is still attached to each other. that is the part that blew out. the part that is still in the engine is the part with the threads. any tips, tricks, or special tools that might be needed? I am pretty handy and would not mind trying to tackle this myself. i was just looking for a little direction.
thanks in advance
scott

EMJ
05-30-2007, 08:06 PM
I would use an easy out. Just be carefull not to let anything get in to the cylinder.

lawnmaniac883
05-30-2007, 08:17 PM
The passenger side rear will be VERY difficult to reach and get at with an easy out . . . good luck with this one!

KTO Enterprises
05-30-2007, 08:54 PM
I have the same engine in my 96 f350. More than likely you are going to have to pull the heads. Might be easier to go ahead and pull the engine instead of the heads. While its out go ahead and change your rear main seal and oil pan gasket. Notorious leakers!

cantoo
05-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Any chance you can report it stolen? Burn it and collect the insurance?
Access will be a pain might be worth it to take it to someone who has done it before and who you trust. It can either be very cheap(easy out) or very very expensive( broken piece falls in cyclinder) If you end up drilling it the filings will likely spell the end of the engine. Good luck.

stroker51
05-30-2007, 11:30 PM
I had this same plug apparently break off when I was trying to change it on my 93 F250 with a 460. Wound up being $150 to get it out, an easy-out did it, but it is/was a real bear on mine with it having an air conditioner, therefore the $150 bill I had to pay. I dunno if it would be any easier on a truck without an air conditioner or not. Good luck.