PDA

View Full Version : how to get clients

evergreenmike
05-30-2007, 09:04 PM
I'm new in the business. What do you guys suggest I do to get customers? When I do is there a rule of thumb when pricing lawns out? I have a lot of competition.

echeandia
05-30-2007, 09:46 PM
You don't have any plan?

evergreenmike
05-30-2007, 09:55 PM
I have placed a add in local paper got a couple calls any other ideas

MeadowsLawnCare
05-30-2007, 11:11 PM
flyers, door hangers, nock on doors, offer a free mow with referral

bohiaa
05-31-2007, 09:44 AM
I dont do the free mow thing.... most people "where I service" dont want to get me accounts. there just too busy.... Not saying that it wont or doesnt work,,, all places seem to be diffrent,,, especially with advertising.....

also there are many post about what works and what doesnt....I posted the other day, that I get a large contract simply because I took my glasses off when I talked to the client.... she loved that,,, she later told me that there's NO way she paying someone that wont look her in the eye,,,,

There's NO magic wand... and some times you can throw good money after bad, What seemed to work for me was talking to people....I would just go in a business and ask, who does your lawn work? are you accrcting bids ? do you know anyone who's seeking a lawn service ?

sounds like begging sometimes, but think about it... EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE has grass.... if they dont they know someone who does......

keep a record of your ads, as to how many calls you get from them. if one doesn't generate many calls, drop it and concentrate your efforts elsewhere.

RYNOss
05-31-2007, 04:41 PM
Just hit streets, and do good work. You'll see that if you do a nice job most of your work will come from referrals. Keep good contact with the customers you get and they will not hesitate to recommend you to friends and neighbors.

mow2nd
05-31-2007, 06:13 PM
Offer a one time mowing, u get paid and people see if ur any good, do a good job and they'll sign up

evergreenmike
05-31-2007, 06:49 PM
what does anyone suggest I markup plant material, aggregates, mulch anything I'm getting for a customer. Is there a certain percentage to use for everything or is it different for certain things. also how do you charge if you haul bulk material for someone, by the hour,ton,yard or another way