PDA

View Full Version : Maryland / DEL pest lic

cutbetterthanyou
05-30-2007, 10:59 PM
I am currently not licesed to spray anything but would like to. I am in Maryland and like everything else maryland is into it is a pain to get lic. I am however about 20 mins from deleware. The guy at lesco the otheir day said he heard that it was easy to get lic in delaware then i could get it transfered to maryland or a del lic may still be vaild in maryland. Does anyone know anything about this?

DiyDave
05-31-2007, 10:05 PM
If you google Maryland department of agriculture, go to heading pesticides, click on it, scroll down to Reciprocity paragraph, you will find that you can take Delaware's test, qualify, get your Delaware license, etc, and Maryland will honor Delaware's system, BUT (here it comes) you would have to move to Delaware while you were doing all of this. I don't know if Delaware's requirements are any less than Maryland's, but it sounds like you are still caught in a catch 22. Best advice would be to get some experience working for someone for a year, it's got to cost less than all that moving!:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Grassworks Inc.
05-31-2007, 10:57 PM
I live in MD, and have licenses in DE and PA for over 20 years. You cannot use your DE or PA reciprocity to get a MD license if you live in MD. I have fought them on this and they don't give a sh*t. I have to drive to 2 hours to Annapolis or Salisbury to take a test I could pass with my eyes closed.

cutbetterthanyou
06-03-2007, 10:30 AM
If you google Maryland department of agriculture, go to heading pesticides, click on it, scroll down to Reciprocity paragraph, you will find that you can take Delaware's test, qualify, get your Delaware license, etc, and Maryland will honor Delaware's system, BUT (here it comes) you would have to move to Delaware while you were doing all of this. I don't know if Delaware's requirements are any less than Maryland's, but it sounds like you are still caught in a catch 22. Best advice would be to get some experience working for someone for a year, it's got to cost less than all that moving!:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

The delaware address would be no big deal one of my good friends lives in milford so i could just lie and use his address. As for the working for someone else, that is the problem I have w/ maryland, I have no time.

cutbetterthanyou
06-03-2007, 10:37 AM
I live in MD, and have licenses in DE and PA for over 20 years. You cannot use your DE or PA reciprocity to get a MD license if you live in MD. I have fought them on this and they don't give a sh*t. I have to drive to 2 hours to Annapolis or Salisbury to take a test I could pass with my eyes closed.

One of my friends told me the samething that the test was easy. My problem is what I stated above TIME. I can't go work for someone for a year and I don't have the time for classes. I had just thought about this because i was hopeing I could just go in and take the test then transfer it to maryland later. I talked to maryland an they wouldn't even let you take the test until you had, one year experiance, a 4 year degree, or a bunch of classes ( I think 16 credits ). It just makes it a pain I wish I could just take the test it be through w/ it.

thomsoutdoor
06-03-2007, 03:46 PM
I talked to maryland an they wouldn't even let you take the test until you had, one year experiance, a 4 year degree, or a bunch of classes ( I think 16 credits ). It just makes it a pain I wish I could just take the test it be through w/ it.

Getting a license in MD isn't that hard. You need to take a Integrated Pest Management class and a turf Management class to qualify to take the state exam. The requirements that you stated was the old way or they made a change recently that I don't know about. The only problem is that the classes are taught in Baltimore, CCBC. You would have to make a drive down once or twice a week. MDA should have the information.

WildLake
07-26-2007, 10:40 PM
Getting a license in MD isn't that hard. You need to take a Integrated Pest Management class and a turf Management class to qualify to take the state exam. The requirements that you stated was the old way or they made a change recently that I don't know about. The only problem is that the classes are taught in Baltimore, CCBC. You would have to make a drive down once or twice a week. MDA should have the information.

Has anyone actually got a licence using this method. I don't find any info on the mda site that mentions this.

I too don't have time to earn a degree or work with a company for a year. I would consider taking these classes if that would work.