PDA

View Full Version : Quick 44

greg1
05-31-2007, 02:32 PM
OK, I've read and absorbed all i could find on the Quick 36. I like what I hear from the contributers on this site, and i have a good feeling about BOP's desire to supply a quality product at a more reasonable price and back it up with needed assistance. I could get by fine with the 36" samurai, but the
Quick 44 would make my life a little easier. I know there new this year, but has anyone taken the 44" out for a run yet. I am going to order within a week & would appreciate any feedback.
Thank's, Greg :usflag:

EngineeredLawns
05-31-2007, 03:45 PM
I have not seen the 44, but have run the Quick 36. The 36 is an great machine.

irishsoul
05-31-2007, 04:06 PM
The fact that the 44 comes from the same place as the 36 is enough for me. I can't see Gary at Better putting anything out before he's tested it and is himself satisfied with the quality. I run the 36 with pleasure and opted for it because of gates. when I see the need I won't hesitate for a second to order the 44.

thebeans
05-31-2007, 05:16 PM
What the others said plus the 44 is the same design as the 36 so it stands to reason that it will be just as good.

paul vroom
05-31-2007, 08:53 PM
Same parts, bigger deck..go for it! Good luck!

BUCKEYE MOWING
06-01-2007, 03:32 PM
ORDER IT !!!! You will love the mower and the company behind it....call Gary at BOP and see what kind of a person your dealing with....You will not want to deal with anyone else after ..IMHO

WJW Lawn
06-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Dont have one...would LOVE to try it out! Its made by Better...nuff said. Id buy anything they put out.

Roy D. Mercer
07-28-2007, 02:59 AM
I just purchased the Q44. I went from a 21” Honda HRX217 to this and have never really owned a mower this size so I can’t really compare it to anything. Still learning how to keep my turning from messing up my lines. This thing is easy to operate. I have only cut the lawn twice with it but So far I really like it. It did not take long at all to set it up. From the time the truck dropped it off and wheeled it into my garage, I had it running in less than a half hour. The Kawasaki sounds like a Harley when it is idling; it’s awesome.

The only complaint at this point is changing the cut height. Unless you’re a big, big man, you can’t do it yourself. So far I have only been able to get the rear up to 3.5” and that took me 3 or more hours by myself. Other than that I love this machine. I have had a lot of questions and concerns. Gary has answered all of them. I called one time with more questions and some other guy that answered the phone was super helpful too. I don’t know if anyone is still reading this thread but if I see anyone in here I will update the more I use the machine. Thanx BOP!

BUCKEYE MOWING
07-28-2007, 09:53 AM
I just purchased the Q44. I went from a 21Ē Honda HRX217 to this and have never really owned a mower this size so I canít really compare it to anything. Still learning how to keep my turning from messing up my lines. This thing is easy to operate. I have only cut the lawn twice with it but So far I really like it. It did not take long at all to set it up. From the time the truck dropped it off and wheeled it into my garage, I had it running in less than a half hour. The Kawasaki sounds like a Harley when it is idling; itís awesome.

The only complaint at this point is changing the cut height. Unless youíre a big, big man, you canít do it yourself. So far I have only been able to get the rear up to 3.5Ē and that took me 3 or more hours by myself. Other than that I love this machine. I have had a lot of questions and concerns. Gary has answered all of them. I called one time with more questions and some other guy that answered the phone was super helpful too. I donít know if anyone is still reading this thread but if I see anyone in here I will update the more I use the machine. Thanx BOP!

You must be doing something wrong that it takes that long to change heights....It's takes a few tries to understand how to do it quickly ..but if you tip the mower back put something under that front deck drop the castors and move the spacers to your desired height and reasemble ..then put the castor wheels back on the ground and loosen the deck bolt on both sides and pull it up or push it down to your desired height ...sholud be a breeze....IMHO...but it does take a few tries to get used to it.

greg1
07-28-2007, 03:19 PM
Buckeye is right try adjusting the deck a few times. Start to finish it will take 5 minutes or less.

brucec
07-28-2007, 06:59 PM
I've had mine for a couple of months and love it! Mows like a beast, and stripes like crazy! Can't get over how a machine that compact can mow as well as it does. When you see it in person from the side it's silly compact, pictures really don't do it justice. I've been mowing a couple of places and the neighbors run over to ask "what the hell is that thing?". I was at my JD dealer the other day and they had a 48" walk behind out front and it was easily twice a long and I'd bet weighed easily twice as much. I bought mine because of how compact it was, you can do things with it that I can't imagine doing with a much larger WB. IMO. I can change the height on mine in just a couple of minutes. Now order one and tell us what you think!

greg1
07-28-2007, 07:31 PM
I went for the samurai 36 two months ago. So far my opinion is very positive.
I have been waiting to give my full overview until i have some serious time behind this machine. I will post back at the end of the season with an unbiased opinion. So far it's thumbs up.

Roy D. Mercer
07-29-2007, 12:53 AM
I asked BOP if they thought something was wrong with mine. They said no and suggested I have someone else help me and indicated that itís tight the first few times. Iíll say itís tight; itís so tight it digs into the paint when trying to lift the deck. I hope nothing is wrong, I absolutely love this thing (other than that). I have run out of 4 letter words, there is no way I am going to get the rear of that deck up to the highest point myself. I donít see it happening with help but as soon as I can get someone over when I am not working 80 hours a week I will see what happens. Thanx for your responses and let me know if your deckís were that tight in the beginning.

Roy D. Mercer
07-29-2007, 01:30 AM
I have put floor jacks under mine with the nuts completely off and can't even get the weight of the machine to get the deck up. How do you move the rear of your deck up so easy? And, have you had it all the way up before?

BUCKEYE MOWING
07-29-2007, 10:49 AM
you have to have the front wheels on the ground to move the rear of the deck up and down ....

Roy D. Mercer
07-29-2007, 11:29 AM
Mine can be on the ground all day long, and the deck is the same, two hours after trying to move it up while on the ground is when I got the jacks out. Without the jacks I would have never made it to 3 inchs.:cry:

BUCKEYE MOWING
07-29-2007, 07:57 PM
I can move mine pretty much without effort...I adjust the front spacers then loosen the rear bolts for the deck and either pull up or push down on the outside edge of the deck on each side and tighten the bolts.

turf dog
07-29-2007, 09:09 PM
I had the same problem at first. Then I coated it with fluid film. It moves up and down very easy now.

Dano50
07-30-2007, 01:33 PM
Fluid Film remains super-slick for months after applying. It will NOT evaporate or get gummy or tacky.

MeadowsLawnCare
07-31-2007, 02:46 AM
I love BOP and I love my q36. If its half as good as the 36 I say buy it.