PDA

View Full Version : quick weed question

JRS Landscaping
05-31-2007, 03:12 PM
alright i live on a lake and the end of my yard is a beach. i always have grass growing on it . is there any thing i can spray it with to kill the grass without harming the lake? i heard of using salt water?
i dont have a licence but i am doing this at my own house.
any suggestions?
im working on getting my licence so please dont turn this into get a licence thread
thanks

Nathan Robinson
05-31-2007, 03:17 PM
apple cider vinegar undiluted. you may have to spray it 2 or 3 times and this will also help with aquatic weeds. ok, that will be 5 bucks. need your credit card #..lol..

JRS Landscaping
05-31-2007, 03:24 PM
haha apple cider mixed with vinegar or each one seperate?

TforTexas
05-31-2007, 03:24 PM
Diquat is labeled for aquatic weed control and also non selective weed control on land so will kill the weeds on the beach and not harm the lake should any run off into the water. Also Rodeo is Glyphosphate (Round up) with a different inert ingredient so is not harmful to fish so is labeled for use around bodies of water.

Nathan Robinson
05-31-2007, 03:27 PM
glyphosate is still a sythetic chemical and harms the biological breakdown. not apple cider and vinegar. Go to the grocery and say I want some apple cider vinegar and they will know what you are talking about

TurfProSTL
05-31-2007, 10:43 PM
There's a reason Diquat (Reward) and Rodeo (Aquamaster) are labeled for bodies of water. You could do what you're wanting to do with either or both products and with minimal risk. Follow the label directions.....

topsites
05-31-2007, 10:58 PM
haha apple cider mixed with vinegar or each one seperate?

No, it's called Apple Cider vinegar because it's vinegar made from apple cider lol