PDA

View Full Version : Need help on Pricing

TimmayB4
05-31-2007, 05:34 PM
I have been in the biss. for about 2 years having been doing maintence and a couple flower beds here and there. I have a guy who wants me to do the following and was wondering how long it will take me and another guy to do this and how much should I charge.

Trim the following bushes: All are in bad shape and looks like it been awhile since its been done.
3 Holly's about 10 foot tall each
20-25 regular size bushes. 3-5ft tall
Maybe 5 larger bushes 6-8ft tall

Flower beds: total Sq ft. around 500-750 sq feet

Remove Weeds and Leafs from flower beds mainly leafs some weeds but can blow most leafs with blower.

Trim up ivy off walkways, driveway, and off trees
Remove about 30 peices of dry retaining wall
move a pile of brick to other side of yard
Remove a few bushes

KTO Enterprises
05-31-2007, 05:39 PM
$10,000. Not a nickel less

TimmayB4
05-31-2007, 05:59 PM
$10,000. Not a nickel less

man just looking for some help don't know why you have to be a smart a** about it. Who do you think you are are you just to good or to big to help someone out. if thats the case I don't know why you are on here you shouldnt need any help and you are way to good to give advice. Really you should quit the lawn care biss. and start up a consulting firm. That what I would do if i was as smart as you but maybe one day I will be, but i can only hope and pray for this.

KTO Enterprises
05-31-2007, 07:56 PM
It was actually a joke. Had to run before I was able to leave an honest reply. Do you have to mulch the beds? If so you will need around 7 cubic yards of mulch to do 3 inch thickness. 7 @80 per cu yard is 560 for mulch alone.
And probably 600 in labor for the rest.

Add around 100 for the haul away of the drywall. If you have a way to carry all the mulch in one trip I don't see why 2 guys couldn't do this in a day.

A 5x8 trailer with 4 foot tall sides will carry around 6 cubic yards of mulch. Short bed full size truck will carry 1.5 and a full size longbed will carry 2 cubic yards.

Around here mulch sells for 28 per cubic yard so thats 52$ profit per yard

I would price the total job around 1,300

TimmayB4
06-01-2007, 01:23 PM
i don't have to mulch so are you say 600 for the labor on the rest of it or did thst include the labor for mulch too. Thanks for the help man. Talk to ya later

KTO Enterprises
06-01-2007, 04:00 PM
No that is labor for everything but the mulch. the labor for mulching is in the price of the mulch.