PDA

View Full Version : Honda 9 hp carberettor leak

Sandgropher
06-01-2007, 07:49 AM
I have a Honda motor thats sits on top of a cylinder mower, the problem is that fuel is leaking out of an inlet (breather pipe) and also out of the air cleaner as well, i assume the carby is at fault ?? i have tapped the carby a few times thinking a float needle valve has stuck on or something causing it to flood,,any ideas could the needle valve be worn ? or is there something else i should look at ,thanks

Restrorob
06-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Clean the inside of the carb. with carb & choke spray cleaner and replace the float needle valve, You may need a bowl gasket also. They like to swell up when the bowl is removed. Check/clean the tank of any water/trash, Also flush the fuel lines before putting the fuel line back on your nice clean carb.

pugs
06-01-2007, 02:53 PM
You can give that a try however the needle is on the expensive side. You cannot replace the seat and it is somewhere between difficult and impossible to get the seat 100% perfect. To get a bowl gasket you need to buy basically an o-ring kit that has every o-ring in the carb. I dont think they sell them seperately.

I would try cleaning up the old one and put it back. If you still have problems put a new carb on it.

Sandgropher
06-02-2007, 12:49 AM
Thanks for the tips guys ,the motor is a G65 240cc Honda 9 horse, someone says the motor could be 25 years old or more ? They go forever these motors, i had another carby off another motor the same model and for some reason it did not go on, i will try these tips, thanks :)

pugs
06-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the tips guys ,the motor is a G65 240cc Honda 9 horse, someone says the motor could be 25 years old or more ? They go forever these motors, i had another carby off another motor the same model and for some reason it did not go on, i will try these tips, thanks :)

Oh wow...in that case I dunno. I was talking about the more modern versions...like the GX270.

What is the engine on?

Sandgropher
06-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Its on a 28" Dywer and Felton Cylinder mower, hey i brought a more modern one today,2002 model in fact with the 9 hp, i am pretty sure its got the GX270 on it (its dark outside so i wont check) this older one will be used as a backup, its getting a bit long in the tooth, these are the most popular engines in my State (Honda 9hp) and i have seen plenty that are decades old mowing lawns daily. :)