PDA

View Full Version : My new ute (Truck)...aussie style

pinnacle
06-01-2007, 10:30 AM
G'day guys.....been a while since i've been on the forum. Some of yas know me alot of yas wont but heres a real "truck" for yas!!! :weightlifter:

06' RV 79 series landcruiser cab chassis
6cyl 4.2 TD
15000lbs warn winch
Arb front bar and side rails
285 bfg muddies
front and rear difflocks

Cheers,

Sandgropher
06-01-2007, 10:35 AM
Australia hey ? is Bob Hawke still the President of your country ? i see you were here last in 2005 , must have been busy knocking off a few tinnys, nice truck *aussieflag*

pinnacle
06-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Yeh mate.......couple'a thousand rusty ones and a liver transplant later and the beast is back.

Hows perth treating ya!!!

mcwlandscaping
06-01-2007, 10:45 AM
that thing kicks as* AWESOME truck........get some pics of it mudding :) Just curious, how much does like a rig like that run $$ wise?

Sandgropher
06-01-2007, 10:47 AM
Things are going great in Perth, we have plenty of water at the moment and the mining boom is a big help to, lawnmowing going pretty good seeing its the slow season,, whereabouts are you in New South ?

pinnacle
06-01-2007, 10:53 AM
Thanks mcw. I'll get some off road pics up soon.

Yeh.......It's all happening over there from what I hear.

I'm in Maroota, just north of sydney

Sandgropher
06-01-2007, 10:59 AM
No worries Pinnacle, Hey MCW this is the 4x4 of choice in Australia go anywhere and you will see them everywhere, from the outback to the sea.:)

J.Gordon
06-01-2007, 11:21 AM
Very nice truck pinncale! I wish we could get the small diesels over here.
I still miss old Isuzu 4-wd diesel, 38 mpg was nice.
I have ĺ ton Dodge with Cummins that gets between 20 and 25 mpg, but it has a turning radius of a ship.

Nice to see ya here again!:waving:

Jeff

YukonG
06-01-2007, 11:31 AM
Nice.
I also wish we were able to get those here.

Sandgropher
06-01-2007, 11:38 AM
I guess they are not common over there, thats a bit strange the Landcruiser assoc is there http://tlca.org/ They are very reliable, most outback folks would not trust they lives with anything else. :)

J.Gordon
06-01-2007, 05:20 PM
I guess they are not common over there, thats a bit strange the Landcruiser assoc is there http://tlca.org/ They are very reliable, most outback folks would not trust they lives with anything else. :)

The only reason the small diesels arenít common is because they donít ship them over here anymore.

Back in the 80ís we could get the Landcruiser with the inline six and the little diesel 4-wd but that stopped in a hurry. When/if you find one you will pay a premium for it.

I had one cousin that had the Landcruiser FJ40 and another one had a Jeep CJ5 with a 304 V8.
The Jeep was not even close to the quality/reliability of the Landcruiser.

You can get Toyotaís, Nissanís, Mazdaís and Hondaís all day long, just not with the diesels.

This is what we get for an FJ40 today http://www.automotive.com/future-cars/90/112-0505-2007-toyota-fj40/index.html

I like the old one much better donít you?

I am hoping Toyota will ship some diesels over her in 08, if they do I will buy one.
Donít get me wrong I really like the Dodge Cummins and I will probably always have a ĺ or 1 ton with a Cummins.

Right now Iíll have to settle for my Cummins and TDI for my diesel transportation. I also have a Toyota Camry to commute to work(the wife drives the Jetta) and a old F250 4wd for when I want too support the oil company's

Have a Great Day! And every time you guyís get in your Uteís you can say I know one guy that would love to have this!

Jeff

rfed32
06-01-2007, 07:55 PM
hey there how do i get me one of those trucks up here in the us...that is just up my lane...

cheers

pinnacle
06-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Yeh, its a shame you guys miss out on these vehicals as the jap diesels are sensational.

Since I bought the ute late last year they have revamped it and brought out a new model called the 70 series. Its a 4.5 V8 turbo diesel.
Mabey Toyota will introduce these to the U.S if there is enough intrest.

Have a good one all.

http://www.toyota.com.au/toyota/vehicle/RangePage/0,5141,4106_1612,00.html

Albemarle Lawn
06-04-2007, 12:52 AM
Who needs all the additional moving parts of a V8?

Nice truck. I'm currently restoring an FJ40.

That '06 looks so much better than the '07 70-series. Kind of reminds me of what has happened to the Tacoma trucks here, (I think HiLux for your market)...they have gotten fatter, wider, plusher, basically ghey.

Wish we could get your real trucks here!

Gotta love those night-blaster lights, bored cops here would write you a ticket if they saw those on the truck uncovered, lamps like that are allowed strictly for off-road use here.

The diesel market really sucks here. I did manage to score a gem though not a truck, a 2005 Mercedes E320 CDI saloon, straight-6 motor (07 E320 cars are a V6). Had it chipped, now develops 425 ft-lb of torque, blistering acceleration and Honda Civic fuel economy from a 2-ton car.

easycareacres
06-04-2007, 02:19 AM
g'day Alex,
how ya been ya bugger? Nice crusier mate.
What have you been up to as last I herd groundsman course ?

easycareacres
06-04-2007, 04:11 AM
heres my new one Alex , hope it works as havent posted for some time.

pinnacle
06-05-2007, 05:37 AM
Albemarle, Have ya got any pics of ya FJ mate? I'm not a massive fan of what toyota have done to the 70 serries either. I'm into the shipping container on wheels look too.

G'day Russ, I'm doing advanced diploma in landscape construction at richmond tafe (part time) and mainly doing earth works and L/scape for the rest of the week.
Like the new setup! Is that a canter crew cab? Toros too hey mate!!

easycareacres
06-05-2007, 06:27 AM
good onya Alex sounds if you doing great diploma cool.
love youre toyota but my 4.8 nissan will have to pull ya outa the mud heeeee.
Good to see youre back in the turf mud side as we havent herd from you in so long.

Albemarle Lawn
06-15-2007, 11:38 PM
BTW I also have a Canter...but they are called Fuso here.

Same truck, Mitsubishi by any other name is still the same.

Jamie James
03-27-2014, 11:37 PM
I love the 1983 to 84 hj47 ute. Oh and the troopy .