PDA

View Full Version : cops pulled over some illegals

deere615
06-01-2007, 11:29 AM
The cops pulled over some illegals in my area yesterday they said the were working for verizon. heres what the cops found.

sheshovel
06-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Is this a gag? If not that is the scariest thing I have seen in a long long time.

Birdhunter1
06-01-2007, 12:00 PM
So what is wrong with it?

Mr Priceless
06-01-2007, 12:18 PM
So what is wrong with it?

u mean aside from the fact that it gives GREAT RISK to a major accident due to improper hitching? why, nothing at all i suppose:hammerhead:

prosperity
06-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Is that duct tape...?

newz7151
06-01-2007, 03:37 PM
I see the problem here. No Lic. plate!

Gravel Rat
06-01-2007, 03:45 PM
What we used to use is a shackle through the hole that the ball bolts through so the shackel pin goes through the hole and the shackle itself goes through the lunette eye.

That picture with the shoe lace looking string is for pulling wire through conduit it is flat so you can tape it to the wires your pulling through underground plastic pipe.

As for that being safe I don't think so I hope they got a good fine for that.

MarcSmith
06-01-2007, 03:47 PM
I see the problem here. No Lic. plate!

I'll bet the cop pulled the plate and then took the pic....:)

At least they tied it down....

John Gamba
06-01-2007, 05:05 PM
I'll bet the cop pulled the plate and then took the pic....:)

At least they tied it down....

just dont load the back of the trailer.

GreenN'Clean
06-01-2007, 06:15 PM
I thought it was a shoe string holding it on....

rfed32
06-01-2007, 06:54 PM
everything looks good to me...unless the saftey chains werent hooked up or lights....which one was it

corey4671
06-01-2007, 06:56 PM
did they at least DEPORT the little bastards?

deere615
06-02-2007, 11:10 AM
What we used to use is a shackle through the hole that the ball bolts through so the shackel pin goes through the hole and the shackle itself goes through the lunette eye.

That picture with the shoe lace looking string is for pulling wire through conduit it is flat so you can tape it to the wires your pulling through underground plastic pipe.

As for that being safe I don't think so I hope they got a good fine for that.

thats what I believe they were doing and yes the trailer was loaded with orange fiber optic line!

capelawncare.com
06-02-2007, 11:24 AM
They should fine the crap out of Verizon! And deport the Illegals on charges of felony stupidity!

Can you imagine the consequences Verizon whould have faced if an accident had happened because of that rig?

Birdhunter1
06-02-2007, 12:31 PM
u mean aside from the fact that it gives GREAT RISK to a major accident due to improper hitching? why, nothing at all i suppose:hammerhead:

Sarcasm.... I have alot of it often.

tthomass
06-03-2007, 11:29 PM
-Hey Mark, didn't someone at TruGreen have a trailer come off once? I want to say a manager too.........they put on brakes to stop and watched the trailer go by them?? Someone was telling me that when I was there.

MarcSmith
06-04-2007, 06:50 AM
todd, I don't remember about that....May have happened before I got there. But with 4 branches in the area and 20 trucks at each branch, its bound to happen....

ed2hess
06-04-2007, 06:31 PM
Is that duct tape...?

Probably kevlar strap material....that stuff is pretty darn strong.

Plant Buyer 83
06-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Scary, very scary

Guzman Properties
06-04-2007, 11:50 PM
Who said Verizon HIRED them?

They said they worked for Verizon.

Maybe they were stealing the trailer with the fiber optic line. (I believe fiber comes in yellow for Verizon, orange for AT&T)

And as most of us know, bumper hitches are not legal in most states.

capelawncare.com
06-05-2007, 12:29 AM
Who said Verizon HIRED them?

They said they worked for Verizon.

Maybe they were stealing the trailer with the fiber optic line. (I believe fiber comes in yellow for Verizon, orange for AT&T)

And as most of us know, bumper hitches are not legal in most states.

Granted they were probably "independant contractors" Verizon or AT&T or whoever hired them should be held to higher standard.

ATL Lawn
06-06-2007, 06:34 PM
Cop: sir do you know what i stoped you?

Driver: ummm... no

http://ehoez.com/why.gif

BQLC
06-07-2007, 11:37 AM
The roll you saw on the trailer is called innerduct the stuff on the hitch is called muletape, it is used to pull the fiber thru the innerduct. But as far as Verizon or AT&T they are not responsible for any accident or anything that would have resulted because of this, that is why they hire contractors

MarcSmith
06-07-2007, 12:52 PM
The roll you saw on the trailer is called innerduct the stuff on the hitch is called muletape, it is used to pull the fiber thru the innerduct. But as far as Verizon or AT&T they are not responsible for any accident or anything that would have resulted because of this, that is why they hire contractors

yeah but...any lawyer worth a few bucks an hour would name everyone in the suit, from the driver of the truck to the person/company who hired the contractor...That way they get their hands in all the pockets and provide more work for their fellow lawyers.

capelawncare.com
06-07-2007, 03:15 PM
yeah but...any lawyer worth a few bucks an hour would name everyone in the suit, from the driver of the truck to the person/company who hired the contractor...That way they get their hands in all the pockets and provide more work for their fellow lawyers.

Personally if myself or a family member were injured by this moron, I would hire a team of lawyers, along with a team of PR people. and believe me I would get into Verizon or AT&T's pocket one way or another!

Rax
06-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Here's the full story:

http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_150124344.html

Pittsburgh is really cracking-down on trailers ever since a wood chipper broke loose and killed a father and 2 kids last year.

And the wood chipper story:

http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_078071103.html

MarcSmith
06-08-2007, 06:47 AM
Its a shame that it takes a tragic accident to make people start doing their job....

huh
06-08-2007, 07:13 AM
1. they were only going 10-15 MPH in the first place im sure so could not have been too bad an accident :laugh: :laugh:

2. strappie down y andala buey! :walking: :cool2: :laugh:

KTO Enterprises
06-08-2007, 09:41 AM
1. they were only going 10-15 MPH in the first place im sure so could not have been too bad an accident :laugh: :laugh:

2. strappie down y andala buey! :walking: :cool2: :laugh:

Well when a trailer comes loose at 15 mph and mows your kid down at the bus stop I bet you would have a different attitude.

KTO Enterprises
06-08-2007, 09:57 AM
And safety on the highway is what i was screaming about in another post about lifted trucks.

http://scottsdaletimes.com/jan05-feature1.asp

Jacked up trucks pose a much greater threat to the safety of motorists than any loose trailer.

huh
06-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Well when a trailer comes loose at 15 mph and mows your kid down at the bus stop I bet you would have a different attitude.

actually I have been close to having a trailer hit me

I was going north on a road and a truck came off the interstate heading east on the feeder road and hit the dip there at the intersection and his compressor came unhitched doing about 50 mph and skidded on the jackleg in the front right through the intersection in front of me and hit the median to my right

it was pretty crazie :laugh:

TGM
06-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Jacked up trucks pose a much greater threat to the safety of motorists than any loose trailer.

is that a joke?

i mean, i see the potential with lifted vehicles, but a loose trailer is nothing to NOT worry about!

ysgi
06-12-2007, 12:38 AM
The police around here (Pittsburgh) are really checking out trailers with a fine toothed comb. That wood chipper accident hit the news big time. And it was sad - the kids were 2 of 3 triplets.

Since then my friend got a $380 fine for not having his safety chains crossed.

These illegals were just lucky they didn't kill anyone.

ke5hbd
06-14-2007, 01:45 AM
Around my area if your caught without the proper safety restraints on your trailer they have in the past impounded a trailer due to unsafe conditions.

That was when I worker for a wrecker company years ago.

Went and picked up the after affect of a boat that was suppose to have a 2' ball and was being pulled by a 1 1/2 ball and it just missed a school buss that was about to unload.

26 foot ski boat being bulled by a mid 80s k5 blazer.

Dude just sat there looking at the kids in shock and he told me after we cleaned up the mess "Man I could have killed those kids and never thought the trailer would jump off the ball because I was going slow". I was thinking to myself Dumb A@@.