PDA

View Full Version : loss of power

ja2852
06-02-2007, 07:38 AM
I was using my echo straight shaft trimmer yesterday and it was working fine on one yard but when I got to the next yard it just lost power. It started fine and idled good but when you pull the trigger it just didnt rev up right. Also when I turn the engine upside down to edge with it it would almost die. Any help Please. Thanks

khouse
06-02-2007, 08:28 AM
Try replacing the fuel filter and removing the spark arrester. Stick a plug in there too for good measure. Then you'll probably have to move to the carb.

Mark in MD
06-02-2007, 09:42 AM
Check your muffler. Since it happened so abrubtly, might be a piece of rust broke off from inside the muffler and is blocking the exhaust? Remove the screen there too, if there is one.

ja2852
06-02-2007, 12:35 PM
thank you thats what I did was remove the screen from the exhaust and I need to go ahead and do the other things as well. I appreciate the replies

hornett22
06-03-2007, 01:41 AM
make sure the exhaust port on the cylinder isn't clogged with carbon.take the muffler off and you'll see it.scrape it out but don't damage the piston.

Sandgropher
06-03-2007, 01:48 AM
make sure the exhaust port on the cylinder isn't clogged with carbon.take the muffler off and you'll see it.scrape it out but don't damage the piston.

I had the same trouble last week with my trimmer, this is what fixed it, around here we call it "decokeing" getting rid of the carbon build up.:)