PDA

View Full Version : Tree/Shrub Removal bid for Elderly,HELP!!

AllProLC
06-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Working on a bid for an elderly lady to remove 8 overgrown tress/bushes & 4 Arborvitaes that are about 20' high.Will cut everything down to stump level w/ chain saw & then rent stump buster for rest....looks to be 1-1/2 days for 2 men. Having trouble bidding because i know the lady a little bit & she told me 2x on visit to home now don't give me the "old folks "discount like the other company said they would.Any ideas i am thinking w/ labor, equip. rental, disposal, etc... i'm thinking around $800. Thoughts???

TheKingNJ
06-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Working on a bid for an elderly lady to remove 8 overgrown tress/bushes & 4 Arborvitaes that are about 20' high.Will cut everything down to stump level w/ chain saw & then rent stump buster for rest....looks to be 1-1/2 days for 2 men. Having trouble bidding because i know the lady a little bit & she told me 2x on visit to home now don't give me the "old folks "discount like the other company said they would.Any ideas i am thinking w/ labor, equip. rental, disposal, etc... i'm thinking around $800. Thoughts???

I'd say at least a grand. don't sell yourself short. It sounds like you have not done this before and 20' arbs are alot to haul away and a decent dump fee.

freddyc
06-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Well, I'm not sure what a stump buster is, but I see it like this:

chainsaw work should take less than 30 minutes for all of that if its close proximity.

I'm thinking that all the arbs and half the others come out in < 1 day-- one man.

That leaves you with 4 trees/shrubs for next day-- at 1 hr a piece, thats half a day one man.

Total is 1 1/2 days for one man.... at least the way I see it without more shrub detail.

If you have access, you'd be better renting a machine and pulling it all out in one day, no sweat and still get 1 1/2 days pay for one man--add the rental in.

capetan
06-02-2007, 10:43 PM
a day in half worth of work 2 guys on the job, i would say 1500 plus rental, thats a lot of hauling

EJD Lawnpride
06-03-2007, 08:26 PM
I would be around$1,200.

forestfireguy
06-03-2007, 08:33 PM
I'd be closer to 2 grand. Be sure you charge for disposal, and make sure you profit from the rental, there's no reason not to. My 2 grand is for my company with my overhead and my profit margin, that may be a lower number for you. Around here people will pay it for that kind of work. So you have to think about your costs(overhead) your profit and what your market will bear.

RL-05
06-04-2007, 12:04 AM
now is it possible for you to just rent a skid loader and just rip the stuff out whole, thats what i tend to do, on a few jobs that i have done, i just used my pick-up and charged a hundred for equipment. you would be surprised what a truck and chain can do. I ripped out a 30 ft wester cedar that was growin on a corner of a house with my titan i had last year. i wanted the roots and all out. im just one that likes to take the whole plant, roots and all out.

sheshovel
06-04-2007, 04:35 AM
$2000.00 for 4 arbs and some bushes? Sounds high to me.
Do you have to grind down the stumps? Can you just cut the trees down then cut the stumps as low as possible? Drill a few holes in them and add stump killer?
I have also popped bushes out with my truck and a strong long chain. Cut the tops off and wrap a chain around it tight. Put a bolt and washer and nut through the chain then attach it to your truck and hit the gas.
This method has worked for me many times. If not a sharp shovel and an axe will do it.
Ok how far you have to haul off this stuff? Cut it up and pack it on, how big is your trailer?
One day one man, two loads to the dump-I am getting 250.00 haul and dump plus gas and 9 hours at 55.00 each $745.00 plus your gas.

Stillwater
06-04-2007, 09:58 AM

My thoughts are.... her age is not the issue. charge her what you would charge anyone else dont you have a standing labor rate? and debri removal rate?

AllProLC
06-04-2007, 10:48 PM
My thoughts are.... her age is not the issue. charge her what you would charge anyone else dont you have a standing labor rate? and debri removal rate?

She is my son's girlfriends grandmother. Bid the job today @ $1,050.

boatdude
06-04-2007, 11:45 PM
Without seeing pics I'm just blowing smoke like everyone else...but I can't resist. I can't believe some of the prices you guys are saying. Assuming good access, a tree crew with the RIGHT equipment could have this job done in under 2 hours/500 bucks. Sub it out, make some money without breaking a sweat, and look like a pro...your name is allPRO...right? Anyone making a bunch of dump runs with limbs/brush is not working SMART.
bd