PDA

View Full Version : What should I do next to repair a echo srm 210 trimmer?

Vikings
06-02-2007, 10:23 PM
I've been having problems starting it. and when it does start I have to be real careful, any little twist to change hands and it stalls again. Over I again, I turn choke on and pull, turn choke off and pull. Finally I'll get it revving up real high then it's good to work with. I changed the air filter, the spark plug, the gas.. Maybe I'll try 89 octane.

I own a Sthil power head with a edger attachment maybe I'll convert that to a trimmer... or maybe by a carb for the echo or maybe fuel filter?

I suppose I could just buy a new one but I wouldn't mind fixing this one. I'm having similar problems with the echo back pack.. I wonder if it's that Echo oil mix?

Lynden-Jeff
06-02-2007, 11:02 PM
I would replace the fuel filter. Sounds like it is starving for fuel. Could also be a pin size hole in the fuel line and when you rotate the trimmer it kicks out. . Ive had a similar thing happen and this was the result. We have several 210's and we rarely have start problems.

Vikings
06-02-2007, 11:07 PM
I would replace the fuel filter. Sounds like it is starving for fuel. Could also be a pin size hole in the fuel line and when you rotate the trimmer it kicks out. . Ive had a similar thing happen and this was the result. We have several 210's and we rarely have start problems.
You know I was thinking that and I'm going to replace that filter.. the only thing that gets me is that there is always gas in the little bubble that you push to prime.

You know once it's warm and working I could set it down and it won't stop. Once I'm working with it, it will not stop on me. It's just during the start ups if it has had a chance to cool a bit. So basically I have the problem at every house.

oh yeah, I don't really want to switch brands. Ever since I bought a Sthil 110 egder, I've been unimpressed. Not by its look or work, but they are over priced imo. I paid over $600 for it :(

Lynden-Jeff
06-02-2007, 11:21 PM
Yea echo is great for the price. Just picked up a 755 form $650 + tax. 210's are on sale for $279 right now.

Cheers
Jeff

ed2hess
06-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Go ahead and change fuel filter or at least check it....suck on line to see if it is free. You didn't mention doing any adjustment on the carb adjusting screws. The inside one should affect start-up ...turn it a little CCW. If they have plastic stops(red/black color) dig them out so you can turn the needles. That should help the starting a little but echo generally starts just like you describe...once warmed up a little runs like crazy.

RYNOss
06-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Check your fuel lines for cracks or pinholes, also check you wiring to make sure your not grounding out anywhere.