PDA

View Full Version : echo pe-200 problems

lawn guy
06-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Ive had a Echo PE-200 for about 2 years, It has been running bad It idles ok but if you open the throttle it breaks up. I replaced the plug, Air cleaner,and fuel filter and removed spark arrestor. and It still ran bad I brought it to my echo dealer to have it repaired and he said he changed fuel filter and gave it a cleaning and charged me $20. Edger ran O.K for about half a day then ran just like before. I have been so busy I have not brought it back to the dealer and enough time has pased that hell say its a different problem. any tips? Ive had echo trimmers do this as well so It could save me some cash if I knew the fix.

topsites
06-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Ignition coil, and it's likely under lifetime warranty but you'll go to hell and back to get the dealer to look into this, at least I did. I don't know what to tell you, I went through this same problem, by the time it was all said and done I could've bought another one... It makes me hella angry how dealers drag their feet miserably on obvious warranty-related work, still the problem is that once it was fixed it only ran great for a couple of months and now it's all crapped out again. Not only am I right back to square one, but I spent over a year fooling with it, not every day but still, just one thing after the other, and now I don't know what the problem is, could be anything and even a carburetor is 50 bucks but that's not the problem, who knows, what's next, the engine? Then what, the clutch?
Just in parts alone a new one is cheaper, but I've spent twice that in labor, then that much again in frustration...
Really if I ever get it running again I'll have a 1000-dollar weed eater, but it's so old there's no telling what happens.
It just never ends, the machines get old and it just gets to that point, it's one long, endless nightmare.

It took a long time but I realize today I am happy my crapped out Echo did trim well over 2,000 yards, and I've learned to be content with this and not try to get another 100 out of it, it's just not worth it.

So, my attitude is keep it for parts and buy another one, it really is the easy way out of the headache.

lawn guy
06-03-2007, 02:34 PM
I hate to say it but your probably right.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
06-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Sounds more like the carb is out of adjustment. Might want to take the carb off clean it and make sure all ports are open then put it back on. Set it back to factory settings (tighten the adjustment screws all the way, then turn them back 1.5 turns), and then you can adjust from there if need be.

lawn guy
06-04-2007, 09:23 AM
This carb has no adjustment that I can see except idle. I did remove carb and sprayed with cleaner but no luck.

ed2hess
06-04-2007, 06:20 PM
This carb has no adjustment that I can see except idle. I did remove carb and sprayed with cleaner but no luck.

That it very unusual are you sure? Usually they are covered with caps on the 210. If there are no adjustments then you will have to put a new carb kit in...it isn't bad. It is unusual to have this type of problem at 2 years, I got 210 blowers that are many years old and no problems. They are basically the same engine I think.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
06-04-2007, 06:28 PM
I've got a PE200 and there is an adjustment for both high and low speeds. If you don't know what your doing take it to a dealer/small engine mechanic and let them do it. It won't cost much but if you f it up you'll be buying a new carb and paying to have it installed.

lawn guy
06-04-2007, 07:34 PM
where can I get a service manual for the 200 and the srm 230

lawnboy dan
06-04-2007, 08:54 PM
do your self a favor and dont buy any more echo stuff

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
06-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Lawnboy: What do you use cause that is some really poor advice.

Lawnguy: Try going online or contact your dealer for a manual.

lawnboy dan
06-05-2007, 07:13 AM
how can advising you give up using inferiour equiptment be poor advice.? echo is the bottom of the barrel for comm use. i dont have a brand favorite except that i wont buy any more echos because of short life and carb problems carb probs -sound familier? try redmax husky or shindawia -you wont be dissapointed

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
06-05-2007, 08:39 PM
This is complete bs. Your recommending Husky? Other then there saws, they're the biggest P.O.S out there. I have several older (10-15yrs old) echo trimmers in the shop and everyone of them still run. In all the years that we've had a repair shop we've never had to replace a carb on an echo. Try learning how to maintain your euip before bashing the best brand out there.

lawn guy
06-06-2007, 10:47 AM
I do like the way echo products function when they are working, and all of my edgers, trimmers and blowers are echo. It just seems to be a common problem that they all have when they get a few miles on them they start to break up at high rpm. I just need to figure out how to work on them.