PDA

View Full Version : More pic's

paul jr
06-03-2007, 06:07 PM
I don't know why but i can only put 5 pic's on. I'm sure its just me, but whatever here are some more. Maybe someone can tell me how to put them all on one posting. Thanks

tthomass
06-03-2007, 06:52 PM
This is the sort of job I'm looking for. I'm too comfortable with masonry and have yet to do segmental walls...........pavers yes, walls no.

Where are you located?

cgland
06-03-2007, 08:17 PM
What was your installation like? grid? drainage stone, drain tile? Looks pretty good, just a few minor things that my be the camera as well.

Chris

GreenMonster
06-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Paul, you can only do 5 pics per post. So, attach as many pics as allowed per post, submit, then you can do another post within the same thread, with more pics.

The installation looks decent. I'm curious how you did your stairs. At the bottom, they don't look integrated into the wall, but then at the top, it seems like the top of each step block matches each wall block....???? I'm a little confused I guess.

paul jr
06-03-2007, 09:02 PM
I don't know all the correct terminology but her i go, I have to say the wall its self was really tough because of the slope going down the drive way but i took my time to get everything leveled on the base course. I trenched every thing out well behind the wall and down enough for 3/4 to 0 foundation and laid textile down under the foundation and brought it up between the soil and the 3/4 stone behind the wall and filled it with a lot of clean 3/4 stone. Glad my dad has a bobcat and i did compact the foundation and there's a perforated running down the bottom of the whole wall. The wall is pitch back with the pins on the block also.

paul jr
06-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Sorry green i think you mean the top of the stair is lined up. Its the picture i have those caps off. Cause i got some limestone for the steps i'm still working on it. Thanks for the comment

cgland
06-03-2007, 11:01 PM
A wall that tall should have at least one pull of grid. Especially at it's highest point.

Chris

paul jr
06-03-2007, 11:17 PM
OK cgland, good to know i didn't think i needed it because of the slope.But i hear what your saying ,thanks cgland if you have a min. can you go look at my newbie post and give me a little insight on what I'm looking for.