PDA

View Full Version : Pricing please

Oasis1
06-03-2007, 07:22 PM
Do you guys charge the same amount for each app or a different price for each on. I base my price on sq footage and how much the material I'm putting down cost but when I come up with my price for weed control it is so much less and I do not want to be a low baller. And yes, I am licensed and this is my second year going this and I'm starting to get more customers and I want to get my pricing more stable. Any advise would be great. Thanks

turf hokie
06-03-2007, 07:44 PM
We figure out the season cost and then divide it by 5. That is how many apps we do. And we bill after each app. We have a few customers that wanted to go on a monthly payment plan and we accomodated them. I wish I could change them all to this after seeing how it works out so well.

What the program consists of depends on what the customer expectations are, and what they are willing to pay for. But we include weed control in the cost of the program and do not bill that as a service.

It is taking a chance as all the costs are up front in the pre-emergent and weed sprays as well as the insecticides. But the last round is great.

We put a clause in the contract to cover ourselves in case of a mid-season cancel. But we have had only a handful of customers try to get the first round of fert, weed spray and pre-emergent and then try to cut out.

Nathan Robinson
06-03-2007, 07:44 PM
every app is the same. you profit more off of a weed contol only app versus a pre-m and fert app. see the difference?

Oasis1
06-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Tell me about this, I charge 3.00 per k in labor not including material and my prices are just a little below True Green. "some customers showed me what they were paying before." Does this seem about right?

turf hokie
06-03-2007, 08:02 PM
Nathan is right if it is a spray only account then charge the same. It is a service that is not part of your regular program. Or at least should not be.

I have run into a couple of accounts that T/G was more but they are few and far between.

I am usually more than the big companies and that is b/c I give a better service and much better results.

What you charge is going to depend on so many variables. Market, overhead, labor, material etc.

Just keep getting competetive info. I learned my price points when I started losing more estimates than I was getting. I originally found where I needed to be to make money and just continued to raise prices from there until I wasnt getting the closing rate that I wanted.