PDA

View Full Version : prodiamine vs. dimension

Nathan Robinson
06-03-2007, 06:49 PM
I posted the thread earlier this year saying how prodiamine and pendi is next to junk and caught hell. (BUT) I am now seeing every provider using prodiamine in our area having crab and quack breakthrough. I am not sure if I should say I told you so, or if I should just go ahead and say that dimension is still far more effective. De=imension is far better effective than prodiamine in every research in every condition. There, I said it. I told you so. :cool2:

NattyLawn
06-03-2007, 07:07 PM
So you know all of the LCO's in your area and what they're putting down at what ai? Are cultural practices sound? There are too many factors to consider when just saying one does better than the other. If dimension works better for you, great. I'll stick with the Cavalcade. It works fine for me.

I'm starting to wonder how you get any work done when you know everything about all your competition.

olive123
06-03-2007, 08:12 PM
one ap of barricade=no crabgrass since last summer here is so fla

olive123
06-03-2007, 08:14 PM
what is your app rate per 1000. A lot of guys dont understand that if you add 16 ozs of dry product its measured by weight not measuring cup. :weightlifter:

vegomatic40
06-04-2007, 08:33 AM
I run .575 lb ai prodiamine x 2apps. for early apps, full 1 lb. of Dimension for new customers after 4/15, so far no breakthrough on anything...except the ones done with Dimension. I've seen various research that contradict from universities and manufacturers. Just depends on what research you find and how you interpet it. I still believe that Prodiamine is far kinder to turf roots than any except Ronstar, in a time of serious drought (behind over 9" of rainfall here) it may well come into play.

bntt68
06-04-2007, 04:23 PM
I used Barricade and have had no breakthrough. Like Natty said there is alot of factors that come in to play also. You can put down 1 app. of barricade and get 4,5,or 6 months of control depending on how much A.I. you use. Proper I.P.M. is the biggest factor in my opinion.

boats47
06-04-2007, 04:55 PM
no problems with dimension here at two apps, 5lbs/1000. So far I am saving on the spray end of my program as compared to last season.

timturf
06-04-2007, 07:18 PM
I run .575 lb ai prodiamine x 2apps. for early apps, full 1 lb. of Dimension for new customers after 4/15, so far no breakthrough on anything...except the ones done with Dimension. I've seen various research that contradict from universities and manufacturers. Just depends on what research you find and how you interpet it. I still believe that Prodiamine is far kinder to turf roots than any except Ronstar, in a time of serious drought (behind over 9" of rainfall here) it may well come into play.

I believe betasan, betamec is kinder to the roots than prodomine, but nothing beats ronstar