PDA

View Full Version : New Project Pics

Fianolawn
06-03-2007, 09:26 PM
This is one of the first projects of the season for our company.

Fianolawn
06-03-2007, 09:32 PM
here arew some more pictures

forestfireguy
06-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Looks good but maybe you'd be better off splitting the ends off the caps and the wall to the left, just my opinion but I'd like it better if it went to the pillar like the one on the right.

N.H.BOY
06-03-2007, 10:31 PM
WOW !!! I think it all looks great nice job and you said it was one of your first??? Sweet

DVS Hardscaper
06-03-2007, 10:47 PM
I think the design / layout looks great!

Did you design it, or did you have an architect design it?

the angles of the photography make it hard to see the craftsmanship of the work, but the wall caps do appear to be a little choppy.

neversatisfiedj
06-04-2007, 08:37 AM
Fantastic !

palmtree
06-04-2007, 07:01 PM
Looks great. I guess the owner doesn't like to mow.

sheshovel
06-04-2007, 07:37 PM
That looks very very nice. Good work, nice and neat.

You did make some mistakes in balancing out the left and right sides if that is your design. If not then the landscape architect did.
Would you like me to critique this job for you?

DVS Hardscaper
06-04-2007, 07:49 PM
You did make some mistakes in balancing out the left and right sides if that is your design. If not then the landscape architect did.

I dunno. Mother nature doesn't do things symetricaly. I like the random-ness.

The hardscape design looks great.

But - this is what I HATE about lawn jockeys turned landscapers:

The job has planting beds galore. And I don't see any perennials? I would fill all those voids and empty pockets with perennials.

A scaper that knows how to use perennials is A-OK in my book :)

forestfireguy
06-04-2007, 08:41 PM
I changed my mind, having seen the left side wall from the left side I like it. I still like slit ended caps tough, All in all work to be proud of.

ProLandscapes
06-05-2007, 02:01 AM
How is the illegal immigrant crew working out for you?

ChampionLS
06-05-2007, 02:13 AM
Very nice work!
Only comment would be definitely split the caps. Thats no biggie to do, and your wall drain pipe appears to be installed too low. Drain pipe goes above the base course, not behind it. (water cant escape to grade).

sheshovel
06-05-2007, 05:54 AM
I dunno. Mother nature doesn't do things symetricaly. I like the random-ness.

The hardscape design looks great.

But - this is what I HATE about lawn jockeys turned landscapers:

The job has planting beds galore. And I don't see any perennials? I would fill all those voids and empty pockets with perennials.

A scaper that knows how to use perennials is A-OK in my book :)

I did not say it need to be symmetric, I said it should be balanced out. I mean visually so as to be more pleasing to the eye. If you look at the right side lower, there is no bed at all there, yet there is one on the left side. Seeing as how the left side of the home is already "heavy" it make sense to do more with the right. That is a basic landscape design rule and it should be followed in cases like this.

Dirty Water
06-05-2007, 10:25 PM
SheShovel, the master of all trades when it comes to talking on the internet.

copeblk
06-05-2007, 11:29 PM
3 things... what is the walk and steps made of? dosen't look like concrete. # 2 what is the pipe sticking out of the ground behind top right wall? could it be cut shorter or hid with a plant. and 3 where do the steping stone lead to?

tthomass
06-06-2007, 02:10 AM
I agree with Sheshovel....

You have the Spruces on the left giving that side height and density, I like it, they'll get huge, but I like it.

On the right are shrubs giving a very low height. Should the Spruce be planted there? I wouldn't, but instead I'd do a grove off the right side of the house.

That way things "balance" and it would be very much a natural look. Its not a mirror image but it gives height to the right.

neversatisfiedj
06-06-2007, 08:26 AM
Nice laser !

sheshovel
06-06-2007, 03:45 PM
SheShovel, the master of all trades when it comes to talking on the internet.

I am a master of this one Dirty water, would you like to try and refute that fact? Thank you Tthomas for seeing that./

Dirty Water
06-06-2007, 10:18 PM
Really?

You were talking about the bed shape.

At least TThomas looked at the plants.

sheshovel
06-07-2007, 12:57 AM
I was not I was talking about both and the effect upon the whole.

bishoplandscape
06-07-2007, 02:25 AM
Is that solid pipe you were using?

pls8xx
06-07-2007, 10:42 AM
I think the landscape looks great, as does most everything I've seen on this site. Like others, there is one tiny thing I would have done different ... enclose both sides of the steps ...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93/pls8xx/stepedit.jpg

thilawncare
06-08-2007, 04:51 PM
i love how you can just plug it into prolandscape and add a wall... i was thinking that on the front wall it should have come to the pillar as the other side did... its a great job.. it just looks unfinished
good job and you will learn..

Fianolawn
06-08-2007, 05:10 PM
The caps are actually belgard wall coping, not wall caps. The pipes sticking up in the landscape beds are not for drainage. They are accually lighting chases for our wiring. When did do the design on the residence. The reason the design is not symetrical is because there is nothing symetrical about the entrance of this house, and we wanted to salvage the trees on the left side.

sheshovel
06-09-2007, 01:05 PM
Look I never said your job looked bad ok? I was simply making an observation.

hoskm01
06-14-2007, 08:33 AM

Is there something I am missing here or are all darker skinned persons now illegal immigrants?

Tim Wright
06-14-2007, 09:06 AM
I like it, but who brought up the clean out right there in plain view and not enough room to mask it?

Tim

neversatisfiedj
06-14-2007, 10:34 AM
I would have put a different hand rail up.

02DURAMAX
06-14-2007, 02:54 PM

How is that Illegal crew working for you?!?!!!!!:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

ChampionLS
06-14-2007, 08:11 PM
I would leave the wall out. Open sided steps make for easier snow shoveling and cleaning. It also makes the site look softer and not have so many boundries.

John Zaprala
06-15-2007, 03:09 PM
I think the job looks great. I wouldn't worry about everyone ripping on the design. If the homeowner is happy and you got paid, what more could you ask for? These suggestions ppl are making are a good opportunity to upsell the homeowner on more work. I always like to add lights to my proposals as an option even if they didn't ask about lighting, so maybe in the fall or next season they call back. Great work!

HFS
06-15-2007, 04:32 PM
Looks good. However, and I'm not saying you did'nt do it. With your drain-tile installation I saw no felt/fabric paper barrier to protect from sedimentation. (May or may not be required in your area???) How long do you warranty/guarantee your work? How long were you on site with this job? Again, looks good. LATER...

KindGardeners
06-18-2007, 12:34 AM
Very attractive install! The irregular curves work well for the site.

I'd only change the light fixtures on the tall pilasters... If you put lights in the sides (front/inside) of the pilasters it'sll look 100% better at nite. I'm just not a fan of the lighthouse look in landscape lighting.

Fianolawn
06-20-2007, 06:48 PM
We were on this job for one week. Started the project monday morning, and finished it on friday afternoon.

mdlwn1
06-20-2007, 06:53 PM
How much did u charge per foot on the walls?

Grass Cake
06-20-2007, 07:18 PM
From the untrained eye in my avatar,this
has to be in the top 3 "project" post in the last 6 months!

Nice Job! :drinkup:

Fianolawn
06-21-2007, 03:34 PM
Each project is different, but I think on this one we were at $43 per face foot. Thanks for everybody's responses to our project. We will be posting more very soon.

PerfectEarth
06-21-2007, 03:57 PM
For the amount of planting space you have, I personally think the landscape turned out a bit weak in terms of material. There was a TON of potential on this one. I love the hardscape but it looks like the plant material design was phoned-in. The foundation plantings are practically non-existant. I'm with She- the balance is off.

I would have used a lot of grasses and layered the material down to the bottom level. Seems the stuff is just grouped randomly with no real flow. But again, great job on the walls and creating the planting spaces and levels.