PDA

View Full Version : What is it worth??

31bro
06-03-2007, 09:57 PM
I might be getting an opportunity to buy a business with 350 clients. They also have a z spray max, enclosed trailer. What would a business like this be worth?

Stuttering Stan
06-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Too little info and also very vague. Something like this takes a real businessman to put a price on a purchase like this. I personally couldn't put a price on this unitl I looked at gross sales, profits, expenses, etc. Sorry, I know I didn't help

vegomatic40
06-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Hire a accountant and a attorney that specializes in aquistion of businesses, do "due diligence" carefully before arriving at a price.

Smallaxe
06-04-2007, 10:18 AM
The general rule of thumb for the purchase of the the intangeable assets, essentially the clients, is the gross sales for 1 to 1 1/2 years.
.rick.

Nathan Robinson
06-04-2007, 10:55 AM
Rick it accurate. It can range from dollar to dollar to a dollar and a half on the dollar. I wouldnt pay that much though. I would sign a non disclosure and drive by all of the lawns and make sure they are priced accurately and to see if the route is dense or scattered. You will be able to turn your money within 2 years or less if its a good deal. Nathan

The Ranger
06-05-2007, 10:08 AM
If you are buying the business with equipment get a copy of the last 2-3 years P&L statements along with a copy of the persons 2-3 yrs. tax returns. Take this info to your accountant and ask him. Asking a question like that on this board is like asking what a 64 Chevy is worth.