PDA

View Full Version : little help

BLKSS
06-03-2007, 10:34 PM
hey guys my recent client wants me to remove a small tree like bush thats about 4 feet tall and the trunk width is like 3 inches round. and 3 small shrubs. Help me out with this bid, i say about 3 hr's to remove all 4. does $200 sound about right? plus $65 disposal fee? let me know what ya think, and how you would charge?
thanks
BLKSS

RonB
06-03-2007, 11:30 PM
An axe, shovel and sweat should get'er done in less than an hour. If it was a regular customer of mine I'd do it for $50-60 and toss it in the dumpster on the way home.

In the city they would pick it up around here, if left at the curb.

AllProLC
06-03-2007, 11:32 PM
I agree about $50. leave at curb for trash company or most companies that sell mulch will take for free or minimal charge.

BLKSS
06-03-2007, 11:38 PM
so im a little high huh?

fiveoboy01
06-03-2007, 11:53 PM
I'd say a little high.

I assume that the "tree like bush" that the customer's OK with you just cutting the stump as close as flush to the ground as possible?

As long as the 3 shrubs are small, using a shovel to dig those out, I'd charge around 65-75 bucks off the top of my head without looking at it. Remember your time/gas to haul and dump the stuff.

BLKSS
06-03-2007, 11:56 PM
i think they want the roots out as well. my method of doing this was to get a chainsaw, saw it down, then chop out the roots. thats for the main big bush. an suggestions on how i should go about doing this?

fiveoboy01
06-04-2007, 12:05 AM
Ooh, they want the roots out? And this is a three inch diameter stump?

I don't know what kind of shrub or bush it is... But it seems like with a stump of that diameter there's some pretty decent sized roots and it's going to be a lot of work to dig them up. I guess you could try hooking up a strap and ripping it out with a truck....

If they want the roots out and you have to dig them by hand, then I'd definitely crank up the price from what I originally said.

echeandia
06-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Get yourself a maul and a come-along. Cut the roots with the maul and yank it out with the come-along. One hundred and fifty bucks should cover your time and disposal fee.