PDA

View Full Version : Simplicity Hydo

mrfixit
06-04-2007, 08:34 PM
I have Simplicty Soveriegn 7100. I have what appears to be a power issue. When mower deck is engaged and going up hill the tractor boggs down to the point that it engine coughs ans almost stalls. Mower is free and not bound. Any ideas? Also does anyone have the instructions on how to fill the Hydro/Tranny with fluid? I am told it is a big production? I am new to Simplicty.

khouse
06-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Post your make and model numbers of the engine and transmission. I would suspect a fuel issue like the fuel filter or a good carb cleaning.

mrfixit
06-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Sorry I do not have the Tranny info. Replaced Fuel and Air filter. I tried cleaning the carb, but I do notice the linkage on the carb may be functioning with erratic movement. The throttle moves the lever that is connected to the cable. But the accelerator linkage below (on carb) has a erratic movement when accelerated.

Simplicity Sovereign Lawn and Garden Tractor
tractor Mfg.#1692943. It is a 1997 model
The deck is a 48" cut and the model # is 1691219
This tractor has been re-powered with a top of the line Kohler CH25S
The engine spec# is 68544
This motor has the built in oil cooler, the smart spark system and the accelerator pump.

khouse
06-05-2007, 09:46 AM
You need to take the carb off, dissassemble it, spray out with 3M brake cleaner, blow it out with 120 pounds of compressed air, reassemble, set float level, clean fuel tanks, replace fuel filter again, add clean fuel, start it up.

It sounds like your having a lean surge. That means something in the main circuit in the carb. The most this will cost you to clean the carb is the cost of the spray - maybe $4.00

mrfixit
06-05-2007, 10:04 AM
Thank you for the quick response. Just to confirm, when going up hill under a load (mower engaged) the engine boggs and coughs is possibly a Lean Surge? Where can I find instructions to follow as I attempt this. I am cautious when doing anything with the carb. And how do you set the float. With instructions I should be able handle it??

mrfixit
06-05-2007, 10:06 PM
I thought I should add that when I reach the top of a hill under load that the engine revs on its own and continues as you go down hill. Engine also operates close to normal on the level.