PDA

View Full Version : Price Quote

dakota2000
06-05-2007, 11:15 AM
What would you guys charge to remove 2300sq ft of old lawn and level it out with new sod and then install 2300ft of new sod? Would this be an hourly rate or by the job? I have a customer who wants this done ASAP
Let me know

nick-bigfootlawn
06-05-2007, 03:47 PM
If you know what your doing, do it as a job, if your semi-hesitant, do it hourly. Hourly to protect yourself, as a job to profit.

NCLCRB #1370
06-05-2007, 04:04 PM
How will you remove the old turf?

dakota2000
06-05-2007, 05:01 PM
I will be using a sod cutter to remove the old stuff. How much should I charge for the job? Profit is better. How much is fair for hourly as well?
Let me know ASAP Thanks!!

bohiaa
06-05-2007, 06:24 PM
HAd a lady call me about 2 weeks ago she was doing the same thing.... I turned her down BUT, she had the equiptment and she explaned that all's she needed was labors.... I told her about a place where day labore hang out,,,

she then ask me if 12.00 an hour would be a good price to pay them....
she said she needed about 5 guys....

dont know if this helps you or not, but hopefully it will give ya a price range for your helper's...

Fairway Land & Lawn
06-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Do this by the job. Add your sod cost, equipment cost, your hourly rate, disposal fee, and delivery if you are delivering sod. As a rule of thumb, if I have to start with an existing lawn, remove turf, roto-till, roundup, roto-till, top soil, grade, starter fert, lay sod, clean up and water in. Generally I charge are $1.60 - $2.00/sqft - depending on sod type and time of year...

I know the till-roundup-till after removing old turf is redundant, but for this area it seems to really kill all the weed seeds that may get exsposed by the removal of old turf. Take your time, and go the extra mile, it will make a world of difference...Good luck..