PDA

View Full Version : Lawnsite Sponsors

Supper Grassy
06-05-2007, 06:38 PM
I sometimes wonder why more companys,sponsors of lawnsite dont give away a free sample, shirt, givaaway, or something that people can use to advertise there product or service. Fluid Fuilm is the only company that i know of on Lawnsite that gives away a sample of there product and marketing items (srtickers). Any ideas on why the other comanys done do this?

i am unsure what fourm this is to go in, if this is in the wroung fourm mods please move it to the correct one

Supper

Supper Grassy
06-05-2007, 11:07 PM
Anyone have ideas on why the companys dont do this?

Ric3077
06-06-2007, 12:23 AM
I guess it is not in their budget... I got a free can of fluid film and a fluid film t-shirt too...thats it though. I wouldn't mind getting a free sample of a TORO Z.

fiveoboy01
06-06-2007, 01:55 AM
Yeah, some of the sponsors are non-existant here.

The Exmark forum irritates me, as it's moderated and putting up a post will get you a PM to solve the problem rather than letting it be posted in the forum so others can see the solution.

I like how Dano from Fluid Film at least gets a little bit involved in some of the threads here.

Some of these other sponsors need to step up to the plate. Frankly, I pay zero attention to the banner ads on this site, so if any of them want my attention, they'll have to find other ways.

Roger
06-06-2007, 06:57 AM
Perhaps the sponsors are waiting and will follow when LCOs start handing out free services. When they see free mowing, free trimming, and other free services being done for the customers, then they will start with the give-aways.

Sandgropher
06-06-2007, 07:42 AM
Yes it would not take much for the others to have give aways ,promotions and such, i live in Western Australia and i have 4 stickers from Fluid Film, i guess Dano and Fluid Film are the bench mark others can only aspire to, Dano is involved in different threads as we have heard and Fluid Film are so far ahead of the other sponsors that FF can barely see them in their rear vision mirrors :)

Prestige-Lawncare
06-06-2007, 09:34 AM
Though "free samples" to everyone isn't always possible for everyone because of the value and expense of their products, there are other sponsors on here who have done, and still do provide services and products for members. Take a look at Green Touch Industries, and their site TrailerRacks.com (http://www.trailerracks.com/) for example. Not only do they supply one of the best ... (in my opinion THE best) ... racking systems in the industry, they have given away a few of them. Matt and the guys over at Green Touch are very helpful and informative on their product, and have been very helpful to many members here on Lawnsite.

I too have started using Fluid Film, thanks to my free sample from Dano ... and I appreciate it very much. Keep in mind though that a free little bottle of Fluid Film is much less expensive then a trimmer rack ... not to mention just the shipping expenses. I have spent my money with both of these sponsors, and will continue to do so.

Matt and Dano ... thanks for all you do here on Lawnsite. The priceless information here is great ... and having sponsors such as yourselves make it even a greater experience.

Dave

Hondoman
06-06-2007, 10:42 AM
I seem to remember that Power Equipment Warehouse gave away a few things. I think a backpack blower, Elvex radio and some tools. That's more than most of the other sponsors do, except Fluid Film. I got my Fluid Film too, thanks Dano

Dano50
06-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Thanks for all your support! We've tried to do something to get some attention on here and it looks like it's been working. It's fun getting involved in the forums, and I appreciate the positive feedback and support from Lawnsite and its members.

If anyone has any other ideas for promotions, I'm always open to hear about them. We are constantly looking for things that are a little outside of the box to help push our product, and are trying to come up with some good ones for GIE + EXPO this year.

Supper Grassy
06-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Ok, i am not saying i want a free rack for my trailer or something. why not just a little something to get the name spread, mabey a lock or something with the company name.

A little thing goes along way.

I realize that it may cost a few $$ but if i buy say a 5K mower from eXmark because some one had a shirt form them isnt that good advertising?

Why not giveaway a few product in a contest or something? If i won a product and liked it i would most likely buy more products from that company

fiveoboy01
06-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Perhaps the sponsors are waiting and will follow when LCOs start handing out free services. When they see free mowing, free trimming, and other free services being done for the customers, then they will start with the give-aways.

That's a ******ed argument.

No one's asking for free equipment.

Like I said, I pay zero attention to the banners here. I do however take notice of posts put up by sponsors and oftentimes read them.

Just like we have to try ways to get potential customers' attention, the sponsors could be doing the same. T-shirt giveaways, stickers, SMALL constests are all ways to get the people on this site to take notice and get them looking at your company's name and products.

Supper Grassy
06-06-2007, 06:54 PM
What does it cost to make a promo item?

I have no ties to hustler nor run any of there equipment

i pay 5k for mower
4k off the top for stuff on it and to make it
1k profit

i mean for 1k you could problly send out 100-200 pro mo ites.
thats 100 - 200 new advertisers foir your product

fiveoboy01
06-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Exactly.

And to be frank, the price of mowers these days is damn rediculous.

You'd think the manufacturers would be doing whatever they could to sell their stuff, including dropping pennies on the dollar for small promotional items.

Supper Grassy
06-06-2007, 07:36 PM
You are so right
A 5k Mower may be sold just by somePro walking through the mall one day do they ever think or do they just care about products sold?

Matt TrailerRacks.com
06-07-2007, 10:29 AM
We appreciate the support we get from the lawnsite community. We did a fairly large giveaway of our new Trimmer Racks and felt it was a very succesfull campaign of getting our new product on the market.

We are planning a future giveaway of a yet to be announced item so stay in touch.

lawnman_scott
06-07-2007, 10:13 PM
What does it cost to make a promo item?

I have no ties to hustler nor run any of there equipment

i pay 5k for mower
4k off the top for stuff on it and to make it
1k profit

i mean for 1k you could problly send out 100-200 pro mo ites.
thats 100 - 200 new advertisers foir your productYour going to buy a $10,000 mower because you saw a bunch of guys walking around with an exmark keychain and t-shirt???????????

I prefer they put the money for the keychains into research so they can keep making a great mower. I would say alot of the sponsers are here for the link to their site via the traffic this site creates. Fluid film had a great idea, and it seems to work FOR THEM. I would have never bought it, but I do now. But as far as my exmark, well I asked on this site, and people I saw using them.

fiveoboy01
06-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Your going to buy a $10,000 mower because you saw a bunch of guys walking around with an exmark keychain and t-shirt???????????

Well, it could be a possibility.

Companies like to put their name everywhere just so people will see it.

It's all about name recognition.

Supper Grassy
06-07-2007, 10:27 PM
ok good point but, if i were in the market for a new mower and saw some one with a eXmark shirt or keychain i may strongly consider adding them to the look in to list

lawnman_scott
06-07-2007, 11:26 PM
ok good point but, if i were in the market for a new mower and saw some one with a eXmark shirt or keychain i may strongly consider adding them to the look in to listWhat about if you saw their ad on the home page of a lawn forum? They are spending their money where it will be seen by the people that matter.

Roger
06-07-2007, 11:54 PM
It's all about name recognition.

This characterizes the large scale marketing campaigns for mass merchandising. If LCOs thought this way for making equipment purchases, they why are there so many threads asking for information about certain products? I buy equipment that meets my needs, equipment that has specifications that are consistent with my guidelines, and equipment that has been researched. A cost-benefit analysis is far more important than knowing a manufacturer gave away some item in a contest. In some cases, the product purchased is a well known brand or models, in other cases it is not. Seeing a name on a trinket, shirt, cap, or other place, or learning that somebody else won a give-away makes no impact on a decision to buy, or not to buy.

I agree with the above comment -- put the money into better products, not gimmicks.

fiveoboy01
06-08-2007, 12:47 AM
Seeing a name on a trinket, shirt, cap, or other place, or learning that somebody else won a give-away makes no impact on a decision to buy, or not to buy.

That's not the purpose but thanks for stating the obvious....

The purpose is to get the company name in front of a potential buyer's eyes.

lawnman_scott
06-08-2007, 01:27 AM
That's not the purpose but thanks for stating the obvious....

The purpose is to get the company name in front of a potential buyer's eyes.That is the obvious point I am trying to make. They are getting their name out there by being a sponser here. I have an exmark t-shirt brand new that I will give you if you wear it to a mall and ask people if they would buy an exmark. They will look at you like your crasy, most people probably have never heard of exmark and will probably never buy a commercila mower.. Thats why they are a sponser here.