PDA

View Full Version : 15hp kohler wont start

lawnwizards
06-05-2007, 06:25 PM
i have a 2003 bobcat classic with a 15hp kohler command on it. it wont start. i cleaned out the carb bowl, changed the fuel filter, blew out all the fuel lines, checked the spark plug. it ran yesterday. i'm baffled. could there be some safety switch or something thats bad? someone please help me.

Restrorob
06-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Are you in-fact getting spark to the spark plug ?

lawnwizards
06-05-2007, 06:38 PM
well, i haven't actually checked for spark. how exactly would i check for spark anyway, i know my uncle uses a nail but that kinda hurts.

Restrorob
06-05-2007, 06:45 PM
:laugh: Bet it would...... Remove the spark plug then put it back on the end of the plug wire. Hold the hex part of the plug against one of the head bolts away from the plug hole in the head and have someone pull the rope (assuming it's rope start) and see if it's jumping spark across the plug gap.

Hold the plug firmly against the bolt and don't take it away until the engine stops rotating.

lawnwizards
06-05-2007, 07:17 PM
i'll try that when my wife gets home. don't have any help yet. i'll report back to you my findings.

lawnwizards
06-06-2007, 08:38 AM
well, i went back out and it started 3rd pull but its missing like maybe it has water in the tank or maybe there is something in the carb. i'm gonna take the carb off and clean it. is there anything else i should check. thanks.

Restrorob
06-06-2007, 12:22 PM
If you find water/trash in the carb check/clean the tank, flush the fuel lines and replace the fuel filter to have a clean fuel system.

lawnwizards
06-06-2007, 01:11 PM
i went out there right before i was gonna do the carb work and thought what they hay. it started first pull. i went ahead and cleaned out the cooling fins and everywhere there could be dirt. it starts first pull everytime. i dont know what happened to it yesterday. had to be water in the carb or something. if it acts up again i will take the carb apart and clean it out but right now its running fine and i dont wanna mess it up. *lol* thanks restrorob.