PDA

View Full Version : Spyker 288 super vs LESCO (spreaders)

americanlawn
06-05-2007, 10:32 PM
We run both. Pros & cons??? What's your oppinnion?

SOMM
06-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Spyker will last you 2.5 times that of Lesco's spreaders, and cost you in the same ratio.

Do you need planned obsolescence and more tax deductions, or not?

Grandview
06-06-2007, 07:13 AM
I only have Lescos. They are 15 years old and still going. Doubt that I will ever replace them. Which ones do the employees like better? I have looked at Sypkers. I believe they are good and will last. They seem heavy and would be harder to push.

Laner
06-06-2007, 08:03 AM
I have the older version of the Spyker 288. It is a couple years old now. I like it, only problem I have had with it was I lost the bolt, spring, washers and nut that acts as a pivot for the on/off control lever. It would loosen everytime you operated this lever. I replaced it with a bolt, washers and double nut, now it works fine and don't have to tighten it everyday.

americanlawn
06-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Okay -- we run 8 LESCO's and 2 Spyker 288's (new). Both do the job. Spykers really throw out the fert further than LESCO's/they never have required replacement parts/impellers don't get the fert build-up compared to LESCO spreaders. I also like the deflector shield compared to LESCO spreaders. On the other hand, the LESCO's are lighter weight...it takes a strong individual to push a Spyker when it's full of fert. Bottom line: Spyker is stronger built & no pins frequently shelling out. My female appicators use the LESCO's. Two of us guys prefer the Spyker 288 cuz you can really rock n roll with them. I think it's a toss up.??

americanlawn
06-07-2007, 05:02 PM
I order 5 tons of Merit w/fert today from LESCO. With a 5 ton minimum order, you also get a new LESCO spreader w/deflector shield & cover. The price per bag was also $8.00 cheaper than UAP -- plus the new spreader. We love LESCO. Probably always will. Nice guys, great prices, great products, plus nice promotions. Thank you LESCO.