PDA

View Full Version : 98 C3500 Dump, fuel delivery??

TriPLandscaping
06-06-2007, 12:47 PM
our 98 chevy c3500 dump truck wont start. it happend randomly twice where it would turn over no problem and start maybe on the third or fourth try. Today we were picking up some downed trees, and we went to start it, but no luck. it would just turn over and over. its got the 5.7L w/ throttle body injection, so we put some gas (no starting fluid) into the tbody and it would start up, but after burning through that fuel it would not stay running, even w/ the throttle totally open. this leads me to believe its a fuel problem, we havent checked the coil yet though. any ideas guys?

xcopterdoc
06-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Not a coil if it runs when you add gas in the TB. It's a fuel delivery problem.. more than likely the fuel pump itself.

TriPLandscaping
06-06-2007, 10:13 PM
ya, i dont hear the pump priming when i turn the key to on, and its not the relay b/c we tested it in our other truck. so its a bad pump. weve got dual tanks, so im assuming its an inline pump on the rail, problem is, the only place it could be is on the rail in the section where the one tank is mounted parallel w/ the rail, so itll have to be dropped anyway.