PDA

View Full Version : Trench Master Bed Edger

milsaps118
06-06-2007, 05:59 PM
I have a Trench Master F-702 with (I think) a 5.5hp Honda. Just bought a new 4" Blade for it to install plastic edging (I hate that stuff, but thats what this customer wants). I'm wondering if this machine will be under powered to trench thru hard packed clay/black dirt.

Anyone here who has done this have an opinion?

Thanks in advance.

Focal Point Landscapes
06-07-2007, 11:20 PM
That is about average for a bed edger , I think it will work fine if you take it slow - why not get a 2 inch bit ? Having said that , I have a Brown with a 9 horse and sometimes it struggles with a four in hard clay.

milsaps118
06-09-2007, 10:09 PM
I put her to the test on Friday, it trenched thru the hard soil fine, just had to take it slow. Only stalled out on me once when I was cutting a curve. Trenched 200' in about 35min. cut thru some pretty big roots to, even chewed up some rocks(on accident). What a labor saver! I've owned this machine for 2 years (2nd owner) and used it myself for the first time on Friday. The The very 1st time it was used (in sandy soil) since I owned it was by my neighbor when he put in his sprinkler system and it did the job for him. He loved it since he was out there digging by hand, saved his back!:hammerhead: :hammerhead: