PDA

View Full Version : neighbor called the cops today

americanlawn
06-06-2007, 07:36 PM
One of our female applicators was spreading dry fert & spot spraying creeping Charlie on a lawn today. Next door neighbor lady (elderly & humpbacked) came out screaming. Said we killed her flowers, even though we kept the spray on our customer's lawn only. (elderly lady's lawn was lousy with weeds -- especially ground ivy). My gal Nextel'd me & explained that this ol' lady called the cops. I told her she could wait for them to show up or leave - her choice. Cop showed up. Asked if we sprayed the ol' lady's flowers. She explained, "no, I'm treating this lawn -- not hers". Cop said, "This old bag calls us all the time for the littlest things -- each time it never pans out". "The old bag is a nuisance to the community, and I wish we could do something about her, but we can't". "I hope she moves into a retirement home soon cuz it will make our job alot easier". The cop was really nice, and he called my female applicator "Honey". Warm weather brings the weirdo's out of the woodwork. Anybody else seeing some weirdo's now? (If not, you will soon).

ampeg76
06-06-2007, 09:50 PM
lmao

i have one lawn i treat 5 times a year, no matter what day, what time, this little old man across the street comes out and fertilizes his lawn to, very creepy, i haven't figured out if he just sits in a catatonic state in his front room or is telepathic, and springs to the occasion when i arrive

good times!

americanlawn
06-06-2007, 10:18 PM
Hey ampeg -- nuther thing I see is.......once we pull up & treat a lawn, seems many neighbors pull out their mowers & start mowing??? I guess we put the "mowing bug" in neighbor's ears when we pull up? It's probably a good thing, cuz these curious neighbors might become customers. Odd, but true. I've worked in Houston/San Antonio/Dallas. SA was best. Nice!

mkroher
06-06-2007, 10:28 PM
One of our female applicators ......

Why did you specify "female"?

:P

Ric
06-07-2007, 12:03 AM
Why did you specify "female"?

:P

Mkroher

Don't you have a female Applicator working for??? Man I thought every big company had Female applicators. Dichloro is her name but we just call her D

ampeg76
06-07-2007, 12:05 AM
Hey ampeg -- nuther thing I see is.......once we pull up & treat a lawn, seems many neighbors pull out their mowers & start mowing??? I guess we put the "mowing bug" in neighbor's ears when we pull up? It's probably a good thing, cuz these curious neighbors might become customers. Odd, but true. I've worked in Houston/San Antonio/Dallas. SA was best. Nice!

this humidity is killing me right now, your drenched within 30 minutes!

i've noticed the mowers to, i also like(insert sarcasm) the guys that come over and want a bunch of free advice on what and when should be done!

David Hartzog
06-07-2007, 12:11 AM
Get me a plane ticket i'll come over and really show her what and bitc oops bipolar person can
be. after me she'll be asking if she can be of any help PS yell scream kick it works won'ders.
she'll leave you anole for ever or die right there. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHH.i'm so mean tonight.

mkroher
06-07-2007, 07:39 AM
Mkroher

Don't you have a female Applicator working for??? Man I thought every big company had Female applicators. Dichloro is her name but we just call her D

Oh yeah! that chick works for me too! She usually hangs on in the 'tub' in the back of the truck..getting all steamy in some soapy water. I can turn the pump on and it becomes a nice jacuzzi for her.

:)

vegomatic40
06-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Many, many moons ago, I was in Houston and spraying St. Augy lawns for Chemlawn. It was one of those incredibly hot days over 95 degrees with air so humid you could see it. I had a yet another tiny 2000-3000 sq ft. lawn to do. In those days I rarely knocked on doors before doing the app.as I was too concerned in getting the required 35-40 lawns done to hit my "goal". I pulled up and sprayed and started filling out the invoice when a old lady in one of those flowery printed "moo-moos" came out and accused me of not treating the lawn at all. She even got down on her hands and knees and felt the turf and proclaimed "See, it's not even wet!" I tried to explain that at those temps., the turf dries in minutees if not seconds but she demanded that I re-spray the lawn. I warned her that excess nitrogen could and likely would lead to disease problems if not "burn" from the app. but she was stubborn and irate. I re-treated the lawn and was more than a little slow to react when I saw the service call come in a few weeks later something about "brown circles" in the lawn...hmmmm what could it be?

americanlawn
06-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Cuz female lawn applicators are rare, and I'm proud that we have two really good ones.

americanlawn
06-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Odd but true -- today, our "other female applicator" was confronted by cops. She was a witness to a B___ man with a W___ woman in a Cadillac that T-boned a truck at an intersection. She said the Johnston cops were nice, they just wanted her to tell them what she saw (who was at fault).

DUSTYCEDAR
06-07-2007, 09:25 PM
i miss dragging the hose when u can put the truck in pump at the street and hike 400ft up into a back yard past the pool and the sun bathers never even notice u :)

americanlawn
06-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Hi Vego -- I know what you're saying. Had a customer in S.A. St.Augustine turf where they wanted us to respray twice for weeds (that's 3 x on herbicide). Ended up that her St Augustine lawn got burned ouz of repeaded herb apps. She dumped us (ChemLawn), and we were glad to see her gone as well.