PDA

View Full Version : commercial sprayer/spreader

grassmasterswilson
06-06-2007, 10:20 PM
want to spread fert/lime and be able to spray pre/post emergents. looking into buying a spreader/sprayer? like the z spray and permagreen. any other brands you guys have found.

fiveoboy01
06-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Well, the mandatory first question...

Do you have an applicator's license?

The Z Spray and Permagreen are the only two I've heard of, I've seen both being used by the larger LCO's around here. I'd assume they are both pretty good units.

DLAWNS
06-06-2007, 10:44 PM
I have never used the permagreen, but what i have heard is that they are always needing repairs, and I have used the zsprays. They are a nice setup, but when they need repairs I couldn't get them fixed b/c nobody would touch them. So I had to call the manufacturer to get the parts. Little bit of a pain.

indyturf
06-07-2007, 12:33 AM
Thats one of the best things about PG's, they are very simple to work on. I have done all repairs myself. you can change the engine or tranny in less than a hr, all the other things like pumps or belts take minutes.

rcreech
06-07-2007, 06:04 PM
PG Magnum is awesome! I just turned 160 hours on my Magnum and all I do is change the oil and wash it (every night blow blow down and wash off). I have heard all kinds of horror stories on here about the PG, but if you maintain it and take care of it, you won't have any trouble. In my opinion the Permagreen is priceless as I am now going over almost 450 acres/year.

RigglePLC
06-07-2007, 11:26 PM
C and S Turf Tracker is another option. Visit:
http://www.csturfequip.com/Default.aspx

Grandview
06-08-2007, 07:40 AM
I have two Permagreen Magnums. One is three years old and the other is two. Between the two they have over 900 hours. They require little maintenance and are reliable. I did have axle tighten up over winter. I was able to free it and install some grease fittings. The new magnums come with grease fitting on the axle. One needed a new carb. Overall they are worth the money. The Z-spray is more machine for the money but I think the boom would slow you down. I hate booms is residential. It can be made boomless however.

turfmasters.c.
06-13-2007, 09:35 PM
Ive run the Pg and the Zspray and am also looking to purchase one of these units i thik the z is a better option b/c the boom gets complete coverage on the target weeds verses speckling the chem.

americanlawn
06-14-2007, 07:11 PM
A friend in eastern Iowa has a Trurf Tracker XL, and he says it works for him?
We sold a JD boom sprayer & bought a LESCO Ztwo -- it's good for a half acre or more if it's wide open - it's not meant for smaller lawns. Several breakdowns and several shelled out impeller motors, but I think a local repair shop has the bugs worked (poor wire grounding causing wires to heat up & other stuff that was a result of improper grounding...we'll pick it up tomorrow).
Never tried a Z-spray.
We have two PG Ultras - they are fun & manueverable. Yes parts shell out, but repairs are relatively simple. LESCO carries some parts, and Permagreen ships out quickly. Plus, Permagreen has very good technical support. Another factor to consider is PG units are widely used compared to all others, so help is usually not hard to find.
When out Ultras (still going) totally shell out, we'll probably buy from Permagreen. They fit through 36 inch gates too. Regarding the lack of weed coverage, we "tweaked" ours (easy to do) with a 3.0 gpm pump & a 12-V motorcycle battery (cost = $100), so now our PG units spray complete coverage.
I've heard the later model Magnums are better than the 2005 units??