PDA

View Full Version : Hustler FasTrak 54" deck 21hp Kaw. FEEDBACK

Lawn Works
06-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Looking to purchase this machine for use on a large estate down to middle residential. Just looking for opinions either positive or negative. Thanks in advance.:usflag:

GreenT
06-07-2007, 08:38 PM
I'm not sure about the kinds of turfs you have, but here in Florida my 54/21 does great.

I have a 36" wb for most of my 1/4 and 1/2 properties but purchased the Fastrak for a nice 5 acre account I landed a couple of months ago, but now I find myself using it more than the 36".

At first I was concerned about lacking power when the grass got thick but haven't had a problem yet and the grass has gotten really thick now.

So far I've been very impressed with the cut quality on St. Augustine and Bahia grass. I was at the 5 acre account today and in some areas the bahia was 8" to 12" high and thick because of the recent rains. At full speed the mower did not bog down at all and the cut was great on the first pass.

If you get this mower, I recommend you go with the flex forks and set the tires at 8psi, you'll have a very comfortable ride.

I really don't have any negative to say but then again, I only have 30 hours on it so time will tell. BTW if you go to the Hustler forum I have a thread with some pictures of properties I've cut with the Fastrak.

Make sure you get a demo on the type of grass you'll be cutting and good luck to you.

puppypaws
06-07-2007, 11:47 PM
If you get this mower, I recommend you go with the flex forks and set the tires at 8psi, you'll have a very comfortable ride.

I see you have been paying very close attention, I had the first flex forks that came to my dealer last year put on my Super Z and a couple of weeks ago I had the only new flex seat he got in put on my mower. Now, this combination makes for the ultimate ride on a zero turn mower.

I have always run 8 lbs. of air in every tire on all four Super Z's I have owned. I put 10 lbs. in one day just to see the difference and I could not believe 2 lbs. of air would make the ride that different, I let it right back out.

bigbone
06-08-2007, 12:01 AM
I love my 52" 18hp Honda Fastrack. No problems so far except for the paint job wasn't done will as some paint has peeled off.

mowdog1
06-08-2007, 02:21 PM
I love my 52" 18hp Honda Fastrack. No problems so far except for the paint job wasn't done will as some paint has peeled off.

This is the 2nd post I came across referrencing paint problems. Someone else said a pressure washer ripped some paint off. I assumed he was too close or had the pressure set too high. Maybe not.

puppypaws
06-08-2007, 02:33 PM
This is the 2nd post I came across referrencing paint problems. Someone else said a pressure washer ripped some paint off. I assumed he was too close or had the pressure set too high. Maybe not.

Hustler use to have some paint issues, I had a Super Z that the paint would peel off pretty easy. They really took care of me by letting me trade a 25/60 for a 27/60 for very little money.

They went to a powder coating process about three years ago and I have not heard about any problems since.