PDA

View Full Version : Which ocdc?

TriPLandscaping
06-07-2007, 06:09 PM
I am getting sick of always having to whatch where the grass if going. I am looking into getting a ocdc. I do not want an electric unit. The problem is tht I have a grass cather tht I use when i need. What do you guys recomend? I doubt I can get one and still use the bagger while the ocdc is still on the mower.

Thanks in advance.

macaw
06-08-2007, 08:13 AM
Look at the advanced chute system. I have it on my Scag wb and my Tiger Cub. And can use the bagger on both.
http://www.meg-mo.com/

65hoss
06-08-2007, 11:17 PM
We run the EZChutes on our eXmarks. We really like them. I think we have been running them for 3 or 4 seasons now.

captken
06-08-2007, 11:53 PM
We run the EZChutes on our eXmarks. We really like them. I think we have been running them for 3 or 4 seasons now.

ha ha!

I like mine now, I bought an EZChute when I bought my new Exmark AS. It arrived a couple of days after I bought my mower.

The blocker plate would not fit my mower! I ordered it using the info on their website....the one I ordered would not fit!!!

I talked to a female subordinate 3 times to resolve the problem...to no avail. I was ready to pull my hair out!!! They wanted me to pay for shipping the part back and the shipping to me of the updated part.....or another route to take...their solution was to modify [fabricate] a new mounting flange...on my nickle... go figure that one out?....is that the way to do business? They weren't budging a bit. I was stuck with a part that would not fit my mower and they weren't standing behind what they sold me.

[[[[After about 80 hrs on the new mower]]]] and wishing I had ordered an Qwikchute instead. Btw, I run a Qwikchute on my Hustler, with no problems, and thinking I got ripped off...by EZChute.....
I got fed up and disgusted I called them back and [[demanded]] to talk to the owner. I thought I was out 200 bucks for a part that would not fit!

After a discussion of the right thing to do in this situation, the owner agreed to ship me the correct part, he claimed that Exmark changed the spacing on the rubber discharge flap, and they had to modify their production run. He apologized for the mix up. However, the experience left a bad taste in my mouth. I think they knew before hand that the change had been made. I ordered the part for my 07' Exmark Lazer AS from the part number they had listed on their website for my mower.

He told me their manufacturer was a school teacher and when he got off work he produced them and that he would get him to make the correct updated part for me and still would not pay for shipping the wrong one back to the factory...I wanted to cut my loss and agreed. He called later and told me to just keep the wrong flap and not worry about shipping it back.

A lot of time spent resolving this...

However, once installed, it works as advertised, and I am pleased.

TriPLandscaping
06-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Well after putting it aside one more week I want one despretly. My decisions are between trimmer traps blade blocker, or the advanced chute system. The poblem with the ads is the one for my mower doesnt open half way. Its either up or down. I would like to have one that i can control the amount of opening. the benefit of this unit is i can still use my bagger. Im pretty sure the trimmer trap one can go from closed to open and anything in between. If anyone has the trimmer trap, what do you guys think of it? does it open infenitly?

captken
06-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Well after putting it aside one more week I want one despretly. My decisions are between trimmer traps blade blocker, or the advanced chute system. The poblem with the ads is the one for my mower doesnt open half way. Its either up or down. I would like to have one that i can control the amount of opening. the benefit of this unit is i can still use my bagger. Im pretty sure the trimmer trap one can go from closed to open and anything in between. If anyone has the trimmer trap, what do you guys think of it? does it open infenitly?

Experience tells me you run it either open or shut. Running with it halfway open, is flurting with disaster..:dizzy: ..sooner or later you [[will]] hit something with it open in the halfway position, and you will damage the chute blocker and what ever you hit.

It will happen. Open all the way with the chute blocker or closed for me.

That means opened and out of the way, past 180 degrees. Not open and in the way at less than 180 degrees.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

TriPLandscaping
06-14-2007, 10:05 PM
That means opened and out of the way, past 180 degrees. Not open and in the way at less than 180 degrees.

Ya so basically theres no need plus safer to not have it open slightly. What do u mean by in the way? Does anyone know how much the blade blocker is from tt.

captken
06-14-2007, 10:19 PM
What do u mean by in the way?

Any opening less than 180 degrees.

kenny.

www.qwikchute.com is another option, howver, I don't know what kind of mower you are wanting to install an ocdc on.

You didn't say.

kenny.

TriPLandscaping
06-14-2007, 10:22 PM
Ferris is1500 48" deck.[sig] Those quik chutes are nice but they dont offer it for the ferris

LawnScapers of Dayton
06-15-2007, 07:10 AM
I have ACS......on my Stander.......it has a partially open option.....and I still mount a bagger on the mower...

Wet1
06-15-2007, 08:38 AM
I'm about ready for one myself. Anyone have a recommendation for a Scag Sabre Tooth Tiger?

Is this something that could be easily fabricated? My monitor stinks so I can't see how they are made...

TriPLandscaping
06-18-2007, 08:26 PM
Well I finally called them and ordered a acs. He said it is going to be shipped today and should get here 3-4 days. I think it came to be $214 with everything. Hopefully it will work out for me. No more kickin myself in the ass for throwing grass everywhere thanks for the help.

milike
08-28-2009, 02:39 PM
I know trimmer trap has one as well...quite universal