PDA

View Full Version : Deep well and sod

kevinlane
06-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Anyone know what ti takes to install a deep well? I examined the property for the sod, but have no idea how to install or price a deep well...I'm thinkin I should pass on that to a plumber or sprinkler contractor. I believe it will be for sprinkers. Any help would be appreciated. I also calculated 7 paletts of st augustine sod. Any input on how to price this would be good.Thanks bruthas

okeefl
06-07-2007, 08:19 PM
The well should be left to a well drilling company with the specialized tools and equipment. There are also permits involved for wells. St. Augustine is running aroung $120.00/ pallet installed down here.

KTO Enterprises
06-07-2007, 08:21 PM
The well should be left to a well drilling company with the specialized tools and equipment. There are also permits involved for wells. St. Augustine is running aroung $120.00/ pallet installed down here.

Sod must be real cheap in florida. St augustine here would cost me 98 per pallet just to buy. I install for 225 per pallet. I agree let a well company drill the well. I helped my dad shoot down a shallow well once and it was no fun. about 25 feet is as far as you are getting.

Bigray
06-07-2007, 09:07 PM
will they even allow a well to be drilled in st. pete?
i can get st. aug. for 110. here in tampa.
i usually install the first 2 pallets for 300. then start knocking the price dw. from there.

Bigray
06-07-2007, 09:09 PM
2 weeks ago i spoke with another LCO, and he had bid out 32 pallets @ 225. each

kevinlane
06-07-2007, 09:11 PM
will they even allow a well to be drilled in st. pete?
i can get st. aug. for 110. here in tampa.
i usually install the first 2 pallets for 300. then start knocking the price dw. from there.

I have a well at my house for my sprinkler system. Guess I will leave that to the pro's. Thanks for the info.

Bigray
06-07-2007, 09:33 PM
yes, many shallow wells in the city that are grand fathered in, but not sure if they allow new wells to be drilled ?

lawnmaniac883
06-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Depending on the location of the property you will probably be ok with a shallow well. Still leave that to a professional sprinkler co. much easier to do it that way. Depending on my price per pallet I will install for about 200 each.

mx315
06-08-2007, 09:28 AM
No deep wells within 10-12 miles of the Gulf up here in North FL... saltwater intrusion problems. Old ones that they grandfathered in a few years ago are now going away too. You can still get shallow wells but it's gonna cost you big money for the permit and around $400 for the drilling, plus the pump. Irrigation from reclaimed treatment water is the new hot thing here. It's $125 for the meter and about $15-20 a month for water.

KTO Enterprises
06-08-2007, 09:30 AM
No deep wells within 10-12 miles of the Gulf up here in North FL... saltwater intrusion problems. Old ones that they grandfathered in a few years ago are now going away too. You can still get shallow wells but it's gonna cost you big money for the permit and around $400 for the drilling, plus the pump. Irrigation from reclaimed treatment water is the new hot thing here. It's $125 for the meter and about $15-20 a month for water.

Using affluent water to irrigate is a very smart thing to do. This should have started a long time ago.

kevinlane
06-08-2007, 09:35 AM

ok thanks for the info, I'll do the sod and refer the irrigation deal to a sprinkler co. Just need to find a sprinkler company so I can refer those jobs to them in the future. Thanks for the help bruthas.