PDA

View Full Version : Instructional Books

NYLAWNMAN01
06-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Hey guys,

Are there any books or magazines you can buy in Barnes and Noble or Borders books that i can do some reading and get to know the business some more, since I am new to it? Thanks
Matt

Supper Grassy
06-07-2007, 08:20 PM
I do not know of any but some people on here have a packet that they give to new employee to help them you may want to see if anyone has something like that

Vikings
06-07-2007, 08:22 PM
This site is better then any book I know of.

Supper Grassy
06-07-2007, 08:27 PM
Vikings you deffinatly have a point there

NYLAWNMAN01
06-07-2007, 08:30 PM
From what I have seen, I would have to agree.... Does anyone know of anywhere I could find illustrations on trimming and edging just to get an idea on how it is done properly.

Bigray
06-07-2007, 08:59 PM
lawncaresuccess.com
for some good info.

jpang115
06-07-2007, 09:03 PM
How to start a home-based landscaping business by owen e. dell $18and start your own lawn care business $15 by Eileen Figure Sandlin both of these books can be found at barnes and noble. I found that the book by Owen Dell was more helpful and more in depth than Sandlin's book.

Lohse's Lawn Service
06-07-2007, 09:04 PM
Some books I've purchased over the last 6 months, some for fun, are "Lawn Care for Dummies." Also, "Entrepreneur Magazine's Start Your Own Lawn Care Business." I also read "How to Make Big Money Mowing Small Lawns." Entertaining. If you need good bathroom-reading material, I would recommend any of the above, as well as Turf Magazine, which is a free subscription; you can find it on this site. Good luck and if you work hard, it will pay off.

Vikings
06-07-2007, 09:18 PM
How to start a home-based landscaping business by owen e. dell $18and ... I found that the book by Owen Dell was more helpful and more in depth than Sandlin's book.
That book is much more geared toward landscaping business ie. how to bid, how to make business plan, marketing, how to keep track of things, etc.

There is no instruction on how to do anything that is work related. I haven't read the whole thing yet but he barely mentions lawn maintenance and he refers to it as gardening.

If you want some insight into the business side of Landscaping then it looks like a pretty good book. I bought it from amazon.com.