PDA

View Full Version : help with a new mower

blackburn Co.
06-07-2007, 10:04 PM
im looking for a new mower i need some thing hydro and i would like some advice on what i should go with it needs to be either 48 or 52 " i have been looking at standers, and the great dane version of the stander, and i was looking at walker sit downs and possibly a ex mark walk behind i need something that will work best on slopes and doing residential and commercial ????? let me kno what you guys think the more the merrier ha

lawnprosteveo
06-08-2007, 12:00 AM
I think it really depends on what your typical property is like. All the mowers you mentioned are good. But, they are all good in different ways.

I mow mostly small residentials (5 to 8K sq ft). I usually have multiples on one street. A JD Quik Trak 48 (just like the Great Dane) works great.

If I was bagging everything, I would definitely go with a Walker. And if I mowed some serious slopes regularly, I would stick to walk behinds of some kind...(lots of LCO's will probably disagree with that.) Or if I mowed big wide open acreages...a mid mount Z with a big deck would be my choice.

aubdeer
06-08-2007, 09:44 AM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=189269

You may be interested in this.....it is identical to the Great Dane stander (Super Surfer) it is a 52" cut powered by a 23 hp Kawasaki motor. This unit it built for slopes and hills! Take a look and let me know

lawnprosteveo
06-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Thats a nice looking mower aubdeer...just like my Deere Quik Trak. Ive been real happy with mine.