PDA

View Full Version : Most versital zero turn

Bagit
06-08-2007, 06:55 AM
Any opinions? I'm sure there will be plenty... My vote goes to dixie chomper:rolleyes: Because of one little add on from them. The chute blocker is the best accessory money can buy. Flip it down from the seat when needed, flip it back up and let it fly. No more grass where you dont want it. Awsome..

TAZ
06-08-2007, 07:44 AM
I think any of the major brands are a toss up with the after-market parts that are available for them. Ford vs Chevy to me....

-TAZ

razor1
06-08-2007, 09:03 AM
You don't realize how nice chute blockers are until you've used one. I've got them on everything. Mine were custom made by a welder I know to save a few bucks.

As for ZTRs, I prefer Exmark. They sell 2 to 1 over the next leading brand. :waving:

slowpoe
06-08-2007, 09:26 AM
I have a 26hp Walker with 48GHS & 62" side discharge & a 23HP Yazoo/Kees
Midmax 61"

In my comparison the walker is more versital

Better on hilly terrain, better cut on uneven lawns , less turf damage

more manuverable, trims around things much better & faster & pickes up the leaves in the fall & it has many more attatchments
And yes I no it is slower than the midmount z's

The Yazoo is nice & fast on the flat out bigger mowing areas

Both have there place & it all depends on the type & size of the lawns you have & your budget
Walker with both decks $12000
yazoo/Kees left over 2004 modle 23HP kawasaki 61" cut $5500

I am keeping track of time on each lawn I do on each machine to see which one saves me time I love keeping track of #'s

:dizzy:

nobagger
06-08-2007, 11:13 AM
Ive used Exmark's, Scag and Toro's and our new Gravely.....I like the Gravely the best, why?....The vacuum is incredible, there could be a bit more power but now that the grass is manageable it tares through it, its very comfortable w/the suspension seat and it leaves one of the best finishes Ive ever seen. One thing I DONT like about it...the price for blades!!!!! $30.00 EACH!;)

WJW Lawn
06-08-2007, 11:32 AM
You guys need to check out the Everrides! Awesome decks...awesome cut.. great machines. You couldnt clog this thing if you try.

nobagger
06-08-2007, 11:35 AM
You guys need to check out the Everrides! Awesome decks...awesome cut.. great machines. You couldnt clog this thing if you try.

I wished we had a dealer around here, I would have loved to demo one. Its like they took a ton of good ideas from everyone elses mowers and combined them and tweaked it a little more.:waving:

WJW Lawn
06-08-2007, 11:41 AM
I wished we had a dealer around here, I would have loved to demo one. Its like they took a ton of good ideas from everyone elses mowers and combined them and tweaked it a little more.:waving:

Exactly! And rumor has it...Honda actually designed it. Dont know if it's true. But either way...this thing will cut nice lawns...and weedy lawns--and im talkin some pretty tall weeds, and Ive never once had to double cut. Too bad you dont have a dealer that carries them. Maybe soon they will? I think you'd like the demo...

rodfather
06-08-2007, 05:46 PM
As for ZTRs, I prefer Exmark. They sell 2 to 1 over the next leading brand. :waving:

really...says who?

fiveoboy01
06-08-2007, 06:35 PM
Well if you are talking the most versatile, able to handle the widest variety of tasks..

My vote goes to the stander-type mowers like Wright, Dane, Gravely.

Bagit
06-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Well if you are talking the most versatile, able to handle the widest variety of tasks..

My vote goes to the stander-type mowers like Wright, Dane, Gravely.

Nice point. You may be right. I tested a great dane at lesco the other day. 19horse 52" deck. Great visibility on these machines. It was a little bumpy to the say the least. For small and tight properties i wouldnt hesitate to buy one. I had kinda rubbery legs from 10 min of a test cut. Some kind of shock-absorber for the axle would smooth the ride out. Maybe everide's scorpion has a better ride.

supercuts
06-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Any opinions? I'm sure there will be plenty... My vote goes to dixie chomper:rolleyes: Because of one little add on from them. The chute blocker is the best accessory money can buy. Flip it down from the seat when needed, flip it back up and let it fly. No more grass where you dont want it. Awsome..

are you choosing it simply for the chute blocker??? they sell them on ebay for most mowers, its like $200. to me dixie choppers look like some guy made them out of angle iron in his basement, but i havent seen a new one in a while. im happy with my bobcats, fast, power, short wheel base, versitile, good on hills, great dealer support, and so on

smcunningham
06-09-2007, 05:04 PM
My vote would go to a hydro walk behind as the most versatile machine...ie:my scag 52" hydro w/b......I have a demo unit wright stander on my trailer now...have had it for two days now and will return it on monday...
it's a nice machine and has its place in the industry.....but for hills I'll stick with w/b's..Heck I can take my turf tiger on just as steep of a hill as i did the stander (sideways)....Not bashing stander, maybe I was'nt comfortable enough on it

Fantasy Lawns
06-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Simply by definition: Versatile

Capable of doing many things competently.
Having varied uses or serving many functions:
Variable or changeable

It's the Walker ....

What other machine can you can go from bagging, mulch or SD with a deck switch .... go from 36" to 72" deck size .... add a blower fore large areas, an aerator, snow blower, a dozer blade for debri such as dirt, sand or snow, a loader bucket, rotary broom, boom sprayer, edger, hi dump lift, shredder chipper, bed shaper

Lohse's Lawn Service
06-09-2007, 06:14 PM
I have not been let down with my ExMarks' performance.

Matts lawn care
06-09-2007, 07:10 PM
I would have to go for the Z Wing buy Cub Commercial w a blade blocker. For the reason of the folding up deck. It can do both open areas and gated yards with great productivity.

Tim Wright
06-09-2007, 07:58 PM
f you are going to go stander type mower, the WRight Sentar is a great machine.

Tim

Duncan90si
06-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Simply by definition: Versatile

Capable of doing many things competently.
Having varied uses or serving many functions:
Variable or changeable

It's the Walker ....

What other machine can you can go from bagging, mulch or SD with a deck switch .... go from 36" to 72" deck size .... add a blower fore large areas, an aerator, snow blower, a dozer blade for debri such as dirt, sand or snow, a loader bucket, rotary broom, boom sprayer, edger, hi dump lift, shredder chipper, bed shaper

I agree 100%.

NickD
08-29-2010, 01:53 AM
I agree! Walker. I have 07 model 23MT. Best machine I have ever owned.