PDA

View Full Version : Certainty

Grandview
06-08-2007, 10:04 AM
Does anybody have any results. I sprayed a couple lawns 2-3 weeks ago. One lawn looks pretty good. Two lawns look pretty sick. This could be from too much or they just had a lot of annual bluegrass, quack, and fescue. I think it is the later. The lawn that look the worst, I sprayed the same mix over my lawn and the lawn that looks good. I tried to get .5 oz per acre. I recalibrated my Permagreen before spraying. My biggest concern with this product is the little room for safety. At .5 oz/acre you are good. .75 oz/acre may be too much.

agrolawn81
06-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Sprayed my own lawn in november 06 , I live in CT. Talked to rep from monsanto and recommended day temps 50 degrees or less. I was hoping it worked on Poa since 2/3's of my lawn has Poa. I did have a few areas of bentgrass also. I had used round-up on most of my lawn 3 yrs. ago and overseeded with all bluegrass. The label says will not harm Kentucky bluegrass so I blanket coated entire lawn at higher label rate (I spray @ 3gpm) By end of April of this year I had bare soil where the bentgrass was, bare soil where I did have a section of turf type Rye that I never rounded Up when I did my reno, more Poa than ever, and the bluegrass was fine but I didn't have to cut it until Mid May. Conclusions: Certainty does work to control bentgrass, does nothing on Poa Annua, absolutely wipes out Rye Grass, and does not damage Kentucky Bluegrass. I would never spray it out of perma green however, either back pack sprayer or tank mix.

Ric
06-09-2007, 02:29 AM
Sprayed my own lawn in november 06 , I live in CT. Talked to rep from monsanto and recommended day temps 50 degrees or less. I was hoping it worked on Poa since 2/3's of my lawn has Poa. I did have a few areas of bentgrass also. I had used round-up on most of my lawn 3 yrs. ago and overseeded with all bluegrass. The label says will not harm Kentucky bluegrass so I blanket coated entire lawn at higher label rate (I spray @ 3gpm) By end of April of this year I had bare soil where the bentgrass was, bare soil where I did have a section of turf type Rye that I never rounded Up when I did my reno, more Poa than ever, and the bluegrass was fine but I didn't have to cut it until Mid May. Conclusions: Certainty does work to control bentgrass, does nothing on Poa Annua, absolutely wipes out Rye Grass, and does not damage Kentucky Bluegrass. I would never spray it out of perma green however, either back pack sprayer or tank mix.

Agrolawn

I guess Certainty is out for my part of Florida, My winter average temperature is only 55 degrees.

Grandview
06-09-2007, 08:08 AM
Concerning temperatures, I got different advice. The midwest rep for Monsanto told me to apply it when day time temperatures where above 70 and nights above 50. This would be a time when the bluegrass would recover quicker.
He did say the product worked very well in cooler temps. I got a larger nozzle for my permagreen do give me more coverage. I sprayed it using around 9 gal/acre. Monsanto recommends 15-20.

Grandview
06-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Agrolawn, Why do you not recommend using a Permagreen for Certainty?
A little more agitation would be nice. I mixed the Certainty I needed in 2 gal of water and then added it to my tank. The lawns I did were 8M to 20M sqft. Too time consuming for a backpack. I do a more even job with my Permagreens than a backpack. I do not want an argument just your insight.