PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Gravely 260Z Striper

GravelyGuy
06-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Does anyone have pics of the factory striper or one that you made for this mower? Please post them if you have any.

Thanks...

Whoosier Mower
06-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Sorry, no pictures of the striper for the Gravely but wondered if you still had the trailer for sale? If so, would you mind posting some pics & price?

Thanks,
Appreciate it.

GravelyGuy
06-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Sorry, no pictures of the striper for the Gravely but wondered if you still had the trailer for sale? If so, would you mind posting some pics & price?

Click the link.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=189714

nobagger
06-08-2007, 03:32 PM
I just ordered one for our 152M Monday. It only looks like a thicker piece of rubber with a few slots cut into it. As soon as I get it I can take a pic.

GravelyGuy
06-08-2007, 03:38 PM
A pic would be good nobagger, I tried to make one out of rubber, but I think the rubber I used was too stiff. When I lowered the deck down to 3" it tore off because of the bend.

How much was the factory striper? I figured it would be pretty expensive for a stupid piece of rubber, but now I am considering it.

Thanks...

Tyler7692
06-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Use a good heavy duty mudflap from a truck... works like a charm. Get a good thick one.

fire1man
06-08-2007, 09:13 PM
A pic would be good nobagger, I tried to make one out of rubber, but I think the rubber I used was too stiff. When I lowered the deck down to 3" it tore off because of the bend.

How much was the factory striper? I figured it would be pretty expensive for a stupid piece of rubber, but now I am considering it.

Thanks...

i paid 69.00 look here at there accessories for a picture

http://www.gravely.com/products/zeroturn/260MXDZ/accessories.asp

GravelyGuy
06-08-2007, 11:05 PM
Just got finished. Hopefully it will not get ripped going up and down the ramp. It sits just a tiny bit higher than the scalp wheels which rub every time I get on and off of the trailer.

GravelyGuy
06-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Hope mom wasn't too attatched to the front door mat:laugh:

nobagger
06-18-2007, 08:47 PM
Gravely Guy, that looks great! I put mine on last week.... WHAT A PITA! They suggested taking off the rear wheels (didnt do it) All it was , was a piece of rubber (about the thickness of 2 quarter's), some bracing and self tapping bolts. One nice thing is you can adjust the rubber to 4 or 5 different heights. 3 hrs later,lol, it was on and there is a huge difference in stripes. Ill try to get some pics up but this is the first we've been home before 830pm in months. We havent had any rain in the past month or so, so its kinda hard to see the real effects of the kit but a definite improvement.

GravelyGuy
06-18-2007, 09:30 PM
I would appreciate a pic of the stock striper if you get a chance nobagger. This one was not too bad to put on, but the 5 bolts across the top that hold the striper to the mower were kind of tough. It works really well, but the rubber I used is already splitting on the edges. I just need some tough rubber, someone mentioned using truck(semi) mudflaps.

Thanks...

fire1man
06-24-2007, 04:56 PM
if you have an industrial rubber shop in your area they have what your looking for i went to our local shop and they gave me enough to make 3 stipers also its frabric reinforced works great on my 260z.i also started using dixie chopper high lift blades and it stipes even better.