PDA

View Full Version : salary vs. hourly

SLCINC
06-08-2007, 11:24 PM
how many of you are paying salary for your crew leaders and laborers. How much are you paying. Does it work out well with the productivity and are they happier with that. I'm Thinking of switching the crew leaders to salary.

twj721
06-08-2007, 11:54 PM
We do not have crew leader but the parttimers that we use we pay them per hr my summer high school help this is his 1 st job 17yrs old and barely knows which end of the weedeater goes to the ground :dizzy: Him I am paying whatI call piece work t rate he job pays him a flat If he can ever get his act together and quit thinking he knows more than I do about weedeaters and the proper way to use them we will be 1 happy camper but now after 4 days of his half assed weedeating am at the end of my rope will give him 1 more week to get his act togeter and LEAVE HIS FREEKING CELL PHONE IN HIS TRUCK want to rush through job so he can tex message some of his friends today I made him redo a place we had done the 2nd time he did abit better but of under the constance watching of my eyes ;)

rodfather
06-09-2007, 08:09 AM
my laborers get $17.50 an hour and crew foremen $22.50 an hour

ProMo
06-09-2007, 09:05 AM
I pay the guy I just hired hourly but guarantee he gets at least 25 hrs a week, right now we are working about 22. when we go bi weekly he will still get 25 hrs for the off weeks. I also pay him double time for installs and working sunday.

ed2hess
06-09-2007, 05:54 PM
the larger companies are switching crew leaders/drivers to salary as a draw to hold them in our area, but they do guarantee full year salary.

puppypaws
06-09-2007, 05:57 PM

Any LCO that can pay that kind of wage is in a very high dollar area (people with excessive money) doctors don't make that much in the south.

rodfather
06-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Any LCO that can pay that kind of wage is in a very high dollar area (people with excessive money) doctors don't make that much in the south.

wonder why I don't have much in the way of employee turnover :laugh:

Fantasy Lawns
06-09-2007, 06:02 PM
I pay my foreman a salary ...all others are hourly ....he has a stable yearly income n helps keep the overall hours down .... after all ... hours over 40 are cutting into his time .... as well as working Sat

BUT he is held accountable fore quality of jobs ...n is bonus accordingly

puppypaws
06-09-2007, 07:39 PM
wonder why I don't have much in the way of employee turnover :laugh:

I think it is wonderful you are able to pay your employee's that well.

Employee's that have employer's that pay that well should always give 100%, the turnover would be very low I'd say unless one of them died.

I know if I worked for a wage and it was that good, you would have to kill me if you wanted me to leave because I sure as heck wouldn't do anything to get fired.

SLCINC
06-11-2007, 11:43 AM
how much do you pay your salary guys? for id say around 40-45 hr per week.

deereequipment
06-12-2007, 10:21 PM

Rodfather, do you do lawn maintenance (mowing) or landscaping?

rodfather
06-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Rodfather, do you do lawn maintenance (mowing) or landscaping?

I am 70%+ mowing alone, rest is snow plowing, aerating, scaping etc.