PDA

View Full Version : Exmark 36 is Awesome

YukonG
06-08-2007, 11:16 PM
I now have a few hours on my new Exmark Metro 36" with ECS.
This is one awesome machine. I put the mulch kit on it; and I hope I never have to take it off. It is soooooo easy to mulch with this WB. And it cuts great. I need to adjust something because it wants track very slowly to the left. But man, I couldn't ask for anything else in a quality mower. (Well, hydro would be nice; but it's not necessary for me.)
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :)

mcwlandscaping
06-08-2007, 11:18 PM
I now have a few hours on my new Exmark Metro 36" with ECS.
This is one awesome machine. I put the mulch kit on it; and I hope I never have to take it off. It is soooooo easy to mulch with this WB. And it cuts great. I need to adjust something because it wants track very slowly to the left. But man, I couldn't ask for anything else in a quality mower. (Well, hydro would be nice; but it's not necessary for me.)
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :)
Glad you like the mower! i have the 48" version of what you have....i hated the mulch kit though lol.

what motor did you get on it?

Vikings
06-08-2007, 11:21 PM
I also just got my first wb, a Toro 36" T bar belt drive. I love it too but I find it hard to do yards like I used to do with a 21". You know with striping and all that. I end up going in enclosing circles or widening circles or all kinds of wierd patterns.

Plus I have to go over and over the same area to mulch it up because I don't have my mulch kit yet. :( I paid for it but I'm still waiting.

YukonG
06-08-2007, 11:41 PM
My 2 choices were the Exmark ECS or the Toro T-bar. I really like the Toro also. But I found a good deal on an Exmark, so that is what I bought. Mine has the 13 Kaw.

S man
06-09-2007, 01:39 AM
My dealer has the 32" toro fixed deck w/ 15hp kaw for $2550

YukonG
06-09-2007, 05:28 PM
I mulched an account today that has really thick bermuda grass. I didn't think I would be able to mulch this property, and it look good also. All I had to do was go over it twice. It has a very nice cut; and I didn't have any bags to mess with. The engine would start to bog when I was in the deep grass. I'm going to have to cut this account weekly if I plan on mulching it. But overall, I'm very impressed.

I really thought the customer would say something about me not bagging it. But all she said was, "Thank you; the yard looks nice."

Are there any better mulching blades than the factory Exmark mulching blades?

abcfamily
06-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Are there any better mulching blades than the factory Exmark mulching blades?

I just received my first set of Gator Blades to replace my factory mulching blades on my 36" TTHP with a 15 HP Kaw. (2005 just purchased this year)
Due to the lack of rain the grass is not to tall and not very thick so it is hard to tell how well they will actually perform. But I am somewhat concerned as I did see some strands of grass that did not get cut, and I was not going fast at all.:confused: Actually I am wondering if the Exmark deck simply does not create (or allow) a good updraft. Quite often I am seeing leaves being blown away from the mower instead of vacuumed into the deck. And that makes me wonder how well it will do in the fall? O. K. sorry for bunny trailing there.

YukonG
06-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Mine is mulching really good with the factory mulch blades. I also have the mulch kit installed. And I don't have hardly any grass being blown out from under the deck. As long as I continually move forward, it doesn't leave hardly any visible grass. But if I stop and backup, it will leave a small pile of grass. As I said, I'm very impressed with this setup.