PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Running Gator Blades

Allens LawnCare
06-09-2007, 11:29 AM
I've heard of people running one mulching blade on the bag side of the deck, I have a bunch of 10 day cuts that should be two day cuts they grow so fast. I'm looking to increase the bagging on my mower also cut down a little on the long stuff clogging my ultra vac....Any opinoins, all three blades verses two, verses just shoot side.....any difference in cut or lawn appearence

Grits
06-09-2007, 11:38 AM
I would make your accounts go to a different schedule. Like every 7 days. Other than that, you can bag with Gators on all the spindles. Or, some guys run 2 gators and a hi-lift on the discharge side. OR you could run doubles. Like a gator and hi-lift combo.

rodfather
06-09-2007, 05:19 PM
your best bet would be to get rid of customers who want their lawns bagged IMO...what a waste of time.

Grits
06-09-2007, 06:10 PM
your best bet would be to get rid of customers who want their lawns bagged IMO...what a waste of time.

That's for sure!

sildoc
06-09-2007, 07:07 PM
charge accordingly! regardless of bagged or not.

GreenT
06-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Bagging?? What's bagging?? ;)

instyle
06-09-2007, 08:04 PM
ha, where we are, if we didn't bag we would be fired from the job fast. Our grass does not mulch. I have to bag resi's and comercials, every time. I bought mulch kits for my JD's but that just made powder, lots of powder.

WJW Lawn
06-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Bagging is not an option.

greengiant9963
06-10-2007, 11:24 AM
I've heard of people running one mulching blade on the bag side of the deck, I have a bunch of 10 day cuts that should be two day cuts they grow so fast. I'm looking to increase the bagging on my mower also cut down a little on the long stuff clogging my ultra vac....Any opinoins, all three blades verses two, verses just shoot side.....any difference in cut or lawn appearence

I have tried it a few years ago on my Lazer Z HP with Ultra Vac. Really didn't make that much of a difference. Out of all the mowers I have ever used I found that this mower was the worst for bagging any grass that is longer or is on the wet side. I can't tell you how many times I have had to unclog the blower. :hammerhead:

Allens LawnCare
06-10-2007, 03:38 PM
I have tried it a few years ago on my Lazer Z HP with Ultra Vac. Really didn't make that much of a difference. Out of all the mowers I have ever used I found that this mower was the worst for bagging any grass that is longer or is on the wet side. I can't tell you how many times I have had to unclog the blower. :hammerhead:

I love the I'd get rid of them comments.....sounds great....maybe McDonalds will be hiring soon, Money is money and I love it and yes I do charge accordingly, if I have to double cut guess what...cut x2 in price....I was just wondering if anyone runs the gators with a bagger and if it makes a difference. As for the ultra vac I have noticed that you have to slow it down if there has been a 3-5 inch growth between cuts, I usally don't have a problem, the day after a good down pour I do have to unclogg the blower alot.

Allens LawnCare
06-10-2007, 03:39 PM
ha, where we are, if we didn't bag we would be fired from the job fast. Our grass does not mulch. I have to bag resi's and comercials, every time. I bought mulch kits for my JD's but that just made powder, lots of powder.

Same here.....the grass just clumps up if you try to mulch it depending on the lawn...some are very thick and some not so bad

drmiller100
06-10-2007, 11:58 PM
ive got a pro mower with mulch kit and gator blades.

i tell folks i'm mulching, and if they don't like it after the second week, then hire someone else, and don't pay me for the two weeks.

most people don't believe mulching will work that well, but when i am willing ot put my timewhere my mouth is, i get the chance, and my lower prices allow me to keep th jobs with the same quality as the idiots that bag.

bigbone
06-11-2007, 12:18 AM
ive got a pro mower with mulch kit and gator blades.

i tell folks i'm mulching, and if they don't like it after the second week, then hire someone else, and don't pay me for the two weeks.

most people don't believe mulching will work that well, but when i am willing ot put my timewhere my mouth is, i get the chance, and my lower prices allow me to keep th jobs with the same quality as the idiots that bag.

I would be afraid of offering that cause there would be too many people who would say they don't like it just to get 2 free weeks and then call someone else.

drmiller100
06-11-2007, 12:21 AM
PERFECT.

if a customer is gonna do that, then GREAT.

i want customers that want good service at a resonable price. saves us both time.
i don't waste time billing them, they can go find someone else.

drmiller100
06-11-2007, 12:23 AM
btw, i was in hutchinson 10 years ago. a buddy got married.

do you still have hte largest grain silo in the country and that goofy boat museum wtih the americas cub ship?????

bigbone
06-11-2007, 12:37 AM
btw, i was in hutchinson 10 years ago. a buddy got married.

do you still have hte largest grain silo in the country and that goofy boat museum wtih the americas cub ship?????

You know, I have lived here for 18yrs and I don't know if we have the largest grain silo or a boat museum. :confused: We do have a great Cosmosphere and our salt mine/museum was just profiled on "Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe"