PDA

View Full Version : Pto won't engauge on scag WB

Lakeside Lawn
06-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Everything worked great..I took engine off..to repaint the unit. Put a new belt on while I was at it. Remounted everything..hooked everything back up..( so i thought) engine startsup..go to switch the PTO switch...and if the kill levers are not down..it tries to cut off..as it should...so that tells me the switch is working...but the blades do not engage...doesn't even try to turn.

I am at a loss..I looked over all the connections..but can't see anything thats not connected right.

Any suggestions will be great...I really would hate to have to take it to a shop...and find out its something simple

Thanks

TLS
06-09-2007, 09:54 PM
You didn't paint under/over a ground connection did you?

Restrorob
06-09-2007, 10:42 PM
so that tells me the switch is working

That only tells you the safety switch side is working, This switch has like two switches in one. One set of contacts are for the safety switch system and another set to engage the PTO clutch.

Use a test light or multimeter and test for voltage at the PTO clutch connector.

Lakeside Lawn
06-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Okay...That would be the box thats mounted on the base.?

Sorry..I'm not very mechanical

I don't think i did..i will have to check it out in the morning..as far as the painting over a ground

Restrorob
06-10-2007, 12:28 AM
That would be the box thats mounted on the base.?

No....I think I'm putting the cart in front of the horse here. Post both the model and serial numbers off this unit so I can identify which you have there.

Lakeside Lawn
06-10-2007, 12:56 AM
Okay its as follows
Model #SW36-13KA
Ser# 11950868

Restrorob
06-10-2007, 11:28 AM
First, You didn't over look re-installing the black ground wire to the right rear engine mount screw (standing at handle bars) did you ?

This unit is shown with manual and electric start, Which is yours ?

Lakeside Lawn
06-10-2007, 01:43 PM
No....Its installed....Any other grounds that I should look for?

Restrorob
06-10-2007, 05:16 PM
This unit is shown with manual and electric start, Which is yours ?

Hmmm, Need a answer.

Lakeside Lawn
06-10-2007, 05:30 PM
Oh Rob...lol Im sorry...I didnt see that part of the question

its Pull start

Lakeside Lawn
06-10-2007, 05:37 PM
Rob...I took a picture of the pully, thats not turning..how do I send a picture?

Now...I shouldnt beable to turn that pully with my hand should I?

Because I can...so maybe its missinga Key or something ?

Lakeside Lawn
06-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Got it...I found out the problem...there is a short in the wire that goes from the PTO clutch....thanks ALOT for all the help Rob