PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat striping kits

Lynden-Jeff
06-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Hey,

Does anyone have the bobcat stripers? Are they flaps or rollers and are they any good?

Cheers
Jeff

J&R Landscaping
06-09-2007, 08:48 PM
They are a roller. The work decent but you can save yourself some money and just get a peice of roundbar and fab up some mounts. IMHO, though the bobcats stripe well enough with-out any striper needed.

Lynden-Jeff
06-09-2007, 11:27 PM
They are a roller. The work decent but you can save yourself some money and just get a peice of roundbar and fab up some mounts. IMHO, though the bobcats stripe well enough with-out any striper needed.

Hey,

Well I cant be bothered to rig something up when it is only $55. Its not hundreds like some other manufactures. I am impressed with the bobcats striping however lately on some kinds of turf I have been experiencing ugly stripe patterns. Hoping a striper will neaten things up.

Cheers
Jeff

Envy Lawn Service
06-10-2007, 12:33 AM
I don't know if it has changed or not, but this is what it did look like.

http://www.woodsequipment.com/turf_grounds/commercial/mown_machine/images/acc_WoodsStripingKit.jpg

Usually I suggest building your own, but for $55...
I would suggest you buy it just to make a point...

The point being....

That's a fair price for a simple kit.
Adding a zero to the end of what it cost to make a kit is not...

Have a good one, and enjoy the coming ZT-225.
I liked the ZT-227 I drove.
I hope to demo a Predator Pro or Woods MZ3361G sometime.

pugs
06-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Yah, they are not a roller...they are what like Envy posted. I have one sitting here that we have never used...still in the plastic wrap for a 61" machine.

Basically a bar that drags along the grass.

Lynden-Jeff
06-10-2007, 04:57 PM
How come you never put it on? Dont think it would work any good?

Cheers
Jeff

rodfather
06-10-2007, 05:34 PM
how many customers give a damn about stripes?

Lynden-Jeff
06-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Some of mine do in the upscale neighbourhoods. When the mower produces really ugly lines it gets on my nerves, id rather it leave no lines then ugly ones so I figure I would give the striper a try. Now my bobcat does lay good stripes i just want to see how this $55 thing will work.

Cheers
Jeff